NEB Meeting Minutes

Of course, let’s do anything and everything except address the root of the problem: the completely fucked up placement process in OKC and the total lack of any ‘normal’ transfer opportunities. Anything to prevent people from being happy.
To be fair, I don't believe the union has anything to do with Academy placement. That's all on the ATO. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Inb4 "You knew what you were getting into"
You signed up for this!! You KNEW you might have to work without a paycheck for several weeks a year!!

To be fair, I don't believe the union has anything to do with Academy placement. That's all on the ATO. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Sure, but wouldn't that fall under the scope of things the Union could fight to improve?

I didn’t say it was all the union’s fault. It’s the current system as a whole. But the union is focusing on a handful of people “scamming” one of the few loopholes to the shitty system rather than trying to come up with solutions. When the union President goes in front of the US Congress and says we have a “robust” transfer system, it implies they’re totally fine with how things currently are. Meanwhile, a huge percentage of the workforce is miserable with where they live.

“I was hired under completely different rules and have never even tried to transfer but it used to be worse somehow trust me”

Dirtbags are eternal. Back in the day the same people would have been scamming release dates. "Of course I really wanted to go to Fairbanks but things changed so now I have to turn down that FOL and take this offer to PCT."

Its one thing to say you don't owe the job anything. It's a completely different thing to say the job owes you something it never promised, and you'll fuck people over to get it.

Dirtbags are eternal. Back in the day the same people would have been scamming release dates. "Of course I really wanted to go to Fairbanks but things changed so now I have to turn down that FOL and take this offer to PCT."

Its one thing to say you don't owe the job anything. It's a completely different thing to say the job owes you something it never promised, and you'll fuck people over to get it.
You’re not fucking over anyone by exercising your rights under the contract. By your definition anyone who gets what they want is a scammer

Are you management?

The people working under the same conditions you think you are too entitled to arent management. They are your fellow coworkers that gotta hear the same sob story from the same dirtbags time after time.
You’re happy where you’re at so it’s fine if everyone else is just miserable right?

You’re gonna love this, every one of our new trainees I give the same advice too. I tell them that if they don’t wanna be at our center then don’t excel too much, get their first rside, and wash on the next one.

NATCA and the agency isn’t fixing staffing so that’s the only way trainees have an actual shot of getting close to home. More power to them.

You’re happy where you’re at so it’s fine if everyone else is just miserable right?

You’re gonna love this, every one of our new trainees I give the same advice too. I tell them that if they don’t wanna be at our center then don’t excel too much, get their first rside, and wash on the next one.

NATCA and the agency isn’t fixing staffing so that’s the only way trainees have an actual shot of getting close to home. More power to them.
I'm not 100% if this is still true, but you should tell them to hardship/scam hardship that way they keep more of their pay vs washing.

I took a look at them myself today. Included was the renewal of 30 A114 rep positions.

Does anyone know if there are more full time positions? What's the total?

I'm hoping we are bitching about more than 30 people being fully off the boards....

Edit: Also, does that mean Nick is the only person on the NEB who thinks that center facrep group should be allowed closed sessions? Can't tell if I'm reading that correctly.

Last edited:
The people working under the same conditions you think you are too entitled to arent management. They are your fellow coworkers that gotta hear the same sob story from the same dirtbags time after time.
I don’t care how many classes you’ve taken on collaboration; if you are opposed to wanting better working conditions you are anti-union.

Back
Top Bottom