Networking?

Just call and talk. It’s not difficult. The bottom line is is you want to get some where, network. If you’re worried about what other coworkers will think or people you’ll never meet on this forum, your priorities are out of whack.

I just got enroute dates and thought it would be a good idea to tour a facility I'd hope to eventually get to near home. Anyone happen to be at ZJX that would be willing to help out?
First, If you haven’t started yet, unless you get ZJX right out the gate, you are at least 2 years away from getting there. That’s being generous. I would simply go and take a tour and absolutely encourage it just to enjoy the scenery. ask about the operation, what it’s like to work there, do they like the job. you’ll get a bunch of eye rolling if you say you want to end up there especially since you haven’t passed the academy or started training yet. People are cynical as fuck.

No one will remember you unless you’re a pest for the next few years and it’s likely all the people important you meet will be replaced by the time you are actually in a position to be selected for there.

Visit every facility you can. I know I certainly did. But until you are in a position or are very close to get there, people in my experience don’t really take you seriously.

First, If you haven’t started yet, unless you get ZJX right out the gate, you are at least 2 years away from getting there. That’s being generous. I would simply go and take a tour and absolutely encourage it just to enjoy the scenery. ask about the operation, what it’s like to work there, do they like the job. you’ll get a bunch of eye rolling if you say you want to end up there especially since you haven’t passed the academy or started training yet. People are cynical as fuck.

No one will remember you unless you’re a pest for the next few years and it’s likely all the people important you meet will be replaced by the time you are actually in a position to be selected for there.

Visit every facility you can. I know I certainly did. But until you are in a position or are very close to get there, people in my experience don’t really take you seriously.
Thanks for the info. I guess I wouldn't expect to do a great deal of networking NOW but would just like to see what it's like compared to other facilities. The chance of it having open trainee spots straight out of the academy is pretty slim I'm assuming? I saw in they're well short of their CPC goal but just noticed how many trainees they have there now.

I will say this is true. It might be my rare case, but I jumped from like bottom 30 to top 10 when I drove 4 hours to and from a facility for a tour in a single day.

Thanks for the info. I guess I wouldn't expect to do a great deal of networking NOW but would just like to see what it's like compared to other facilities. The chance of it having open trainee spots straight out of the academy is pretty slim I'm assuming? I saw in they're well short of their CPC goal but just noticed how many trainees they have there now.
It’s not impossible. It really could be on your list. But I wouldn’t expect it, that way if you get it youlll hit the damn lottery.

Like I said, go tour and see what you see. Don’t expect anything in return at this point and you won’t be disappointed.

Good luck at the academy

It’s not impossible. It really could be on your list. But I wouldn’t expect it, that way if you get it youlll hit the damn lottery.

Like I said, go tour and see what you see. Don’t expect anything in return at this point and you won’t be disappointed.

Good luck at the academy
Zero expectations=Zero disappointment. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom