New York Times names Controller involved with AUS FedEx/Southwest Incident

How's your day going?
I attempt to do my job in accordance with my training and have detailed the information in my atsap
What's your phone number?
I attempt to do my job in accordance with my training and have detailed the information in my atsap
Were you in the Navy?
Oh haha I was in the Navy too. Now that we're bffs tell us why this was your fault?

I don't know how many of you have had the joy of actually being investigated by police but everything from the line of questioning, from him answering repetitive questions to FOUR different interviews over a LONG, BORING, TEDIOUS, process will make you look bad and inconsistent.

Not for nothing, but this particular type of interview can’t result in disciplinary action by law. They want detailed information to rebuild exactly what happened and if possible (and more importantly) why it happened to see if they can make any recommendations to prevent it happening again. Also NTSB probable cause findings are inadmissible in court.

Last edited:
Not for nothing, but this particular type of interview can’t result in disciplinary action by law. They want detailed information to rebuild exactly what happened and if possible (and more importantly) why it happened to see if they can make any recommendations to prevent it happening again. Also NTSB probable cause findings are inadmissible in court.
Ah thanks any source for this info? I can't google the wifi is super slow in the cab today

Wow what a rabbit hole to go down.
Factual information CAN be admitted. (Federal ruling on matter)

Defendant stated they were tired.

Hearsay and opinions cannot-
He looked tired that day.

There's a whole bunch of different cases this has been used in if anyone is SUPER bored.

Factual information CAN be admitted. (Federal ruling on matter)

Defendant stated they were tired.

I think that applies more to technical things than to state of mind type things. ie the landing gear lever was in the up position/explosive residue was found etc

Back
Top Bottom