Next ATC zero?

I know DTW has some cases as well but they don't seem to be as bad... is that about right?
Yep, the past few DTW cases have been “the individual was last in the building 3-7 days ago” but for the tracon I think we now have 10-12 people in 14 day quarantine and counting. All from being in contact with positive people at work. I’m sure you saw that email that they’re moving ops to the Lab... 6pm bank should be interesting with only 4 scopes down there lol.

Yep, the past few DTW cases have been “the individual was last in the building 3-7 days ago” but for the tracon I think we now have 10-12 people in 14 day quarantine and counting. All from being in contact with positive people at work. I’m sure you saw that email that they’re moving ops to the Lab... 6pm bank should be interesting with only 4 scopes down there lol.
Satellite and departure can share a scope right? Lol... I don't think there is any way to get more frequency jacks down there either

Satellite and departure can share a scope right? Lol... I don't think there is any way to get more frequency jacks down there either
Hahah expect some serious holding and delays I imagine. I don’t believe there’s a way to get more jacks down there no. Should be fun.

And this is why Detroit is the red headed step child of the faa ? have had multiple people popping positive within the past 5 days... today they decided to work in the ETG Labs and we didn’t get no 4hr ground stop to do it.. D01 must’ve got that ground stop because their hands are really tied with the runways being so close... I JOKE I JOKE I KID I KID..... but seriously

Not at every facility. Lga last week, the mids didn’t come in.
Even if it’s 2 hours those controllers don’t have to work them. Some applaud just that.

LGA isn’t really open 24hours normally because of noise abatement so that’s not really a good example. The tower is staffed, but after a certain time the only flights coming in or departing are delays from earlier in the day. So if there’s nothing scheduled and there wasn’t any delays it’s just easier to not have them come in.

4 positives at N90 since Thanksgiving Day.

2 of them in my area but they’re swing shift and I’m day shift. Since I’m only near them the 5 minutes while they’re standing over my shoulder breathing on me the FAA says I didn’t have close contact.

2 of them in my area but they’re swing shift and I’m day shift. Since I’m only near them the 5 minutes while they’re standing over my shoulder breathing on me the FAA says I didn’t have close contact.
New study out of South Korea showed an infection 20 feet away 5 minutes of exposure. Our current rules are formed from a misunderstanding of how this virus spreads.

New study out of South Korea showed an infection 20 feet away 5 minutes of exposure. Our current rules are formed from a misunderstanding of how this virus spreads.
Management wants me to be a handoff but the cpc’s that wear chin diapers won’t brief me because I’m the sick one and it’s a hoax

No no no this is all wrong. Infections only happen if you are <6 feet away for more than 15 minutes, or you're not wearing a suck-hole muzzle with semen shield combo, and your county is red.

No no no this is all wrong. Infections only happen if you are <6 feet away for more than 15 minutes, or you're not wearing a suck-hole muzzle with semen shield combo, and your county is red.
Damn it’s down to 15 mins. Last time I got DQd it was 30 mins and the sup told me to take a walk when I was at 29 on the art

LGA isn’t really open 24hours normally because of noise abatement so that’s not really a good example. The tower is staffed, but after a certain time the only flights coming in or departing are delays from earlier in the day. So if there’s nothing scheduled and there wasn’t any delays it’s just easier to not have them come in.

While I absolutely see your point they wouldn’t have worked any traffic, those employees did not have to show up at all, period. Either way it’s time not at work and that’s what I mainly meant by that.

Management wants me to be a handoff but the cpc’s that wear chin diapers won’t brief me because I’m the sick one and it’s a hoax
597C5C7D-CD6F-4BFC-8CBD-417C5E7B41E3.jpeg
Damn it’s down to 15 mins. Last time I got DQd it was 30 mins and the sup told me to take a walk when I was at 29 on the art
Did the supe send you back to work next to that person after your walk?

Back
Top Bottom