Next ATC zero?

jdatc

Legendary Member
Who else is going ATC zero for a covid cleaning this week? 6 centers last night and one tonight?

Anyone else is getting a ‘thorough’ cleaning?

Command Center Re-routes page shows, as of 0210z, 3 Zs:
ZMA (3hrs), ZTL (2hrs), and ZNY (2.5hrs) tonight

Also just now saw a "rumour" that COS is Tower Only, and PUB Tower are closed for 12 days
A NOTAM for PUB which might suggest that it's valid (for them at least):
!PUB 11/012 PUB SVC TWR CLSD CLASS D SERVICE NOT AVBL CTC DENVER APP AT 120.1/290.5 OR 303-342-1916 DLY 1300-0500 2011131300-2011250500

Last edited:
Command Center Re-routes page shows, as of 0210z, 3 Zs:
ZMA (3hrs), ZTL (2hrs), and ZNY (2.5hrs) tonight

Also just now saw a "rumour" that COS is Tower Only, and PUB Tower are closed for 12 days
A NOTAM for PUB which might suggest that it's valid (for them at least):
!PUB 11/012 PUB SVC TWR CLSD CLASS D SERVICE NOT AVBL CTC DENVER APP AT 120.1/290.5 OR 303-342-1916 DLY 1300-0500 2011131300-2011250500
Correct on COS and PUB

Isn't COS approach now part of D01? I thought I saw one of those "here's where we are on STARS" maps show that it was being consolidated.

This is helping me fill out my ATC zero Covid Bingo card.

Pueblo Memorial Airport ATCT
Actions: Closed due to staffing until 11/26. ZDV ARTCC has assumed the airspace.
Notes
Personnel tested positive 11/12

Isn't COS approach now part of D01? I thought I saw one of those "here's where we are on STARS" maps show that it was being consolidated.
Nope. We have our own approach. From what I heard, every time consolidation to D01 comes up, the Air Force steps in and stops it.

Also, can confirm we are tower-only atm, and PUB is closed, presumably for COVID.

Do you think they will 804 consolidate PUB after this? Use these two weeks as the dry run for remote running the airspace, punish the staff for spreading the disease and coming to work sick?

Do you think they will 804 consolidate PUB after this? Use these two weeks as the dry run for remote running the airspace, punish the staff for spreading the disease and coming to work sick?
They should look at a lot of facilities that could close. Seriously why not? Union people scared of reduction in work force? It will only make movement between facilities faster, keep the academy the same size and now those trainees are going to less facilities. Cap the amount of trainees a facility can have to help optimize training times.

I think looking at this and see the minimal impact pub closing has on the NAS. Let’s move on from it already and close these places down

In some of these cases people come to work with symptoms. In those cases they should be paying for the cleaning.

You guys say that like asymptomatic people can't spread it.

PUB has an incredible amount of training aircraft. Those Tiger aircraft was mainly VFR are crazy and definitely need hand holding by controllers.

They should look at a lot of facilities that could close. Seriously why not? Union people scared of reduction in work force? It will only make movement between facilities faster, keep the academy the same size and now those trainees are going to less facilities. Cap the amount of trainees a facility can have to help optimize training times.

I think looking at this and see the minimal impact pub closing has on the NAS. Let’s move on from it already and close these places down
I love how people think a staffing crisis will be fixed by closing facilities. The FAA would stop hiring if they were moving a bunch of people.

How many of those union members “BROTHER!” will fail to achieve certification after a decade at their nice home town facility making a decent living? Guess who cares, if they can’t do it at my 10 fire them?

My issue is, why the F would you want to limit the number of facilities we can move to? Just showing how we should be privatized and paid a lot less like our contract buddies. It’s nice that someone from podunk wherever can get home, be with family, make a decent living and have a pretty stress free job. Not everyone wants big city living or wants to chase the $$ or prove they have the biggest package working A80.

I love how people think a staffing crisis will be fixed by closing facilities. The FAA would stop hiring if they were moving a bunch of people.

How many of those union members “BROTHER!” will fail to achieve certification after a decade at their nice home town facility making a decent living? Guess who cares, if they can’t do it at my 10 fire them?

My issue is, why the F would you want to limit the number of facilities we can move to? Just showing how we should be privatized and paid a lot less like our contract buddies. It’s nice that someone from podunk wherever can get home, be with family, make a decent living and have a pretty stress free job. Not everyone wants big city living or wants to chase the $$ or prove they have the biggest package working A80.
I don’t really disagree with any of this. However how many small podunk facilities have a significant percentage of homesteaders? I bet it’s very few and a large percentage are trying to get out. Also, consistently those podunk facilities have very small if any on their ncept list.
If it was overwhelming that people were trying to get back home I’m with you and understand but it’s just not the reality. Plus those contract towers probably pay more than they would make in other professions in those podunk towns.

also, I’m not saying it would solve the staffing crisis, just relieve if a little. Also I did say the faa should continue to hire at same rate.

edit: I’ve said this on previous thread, based on the ncept, our membership overwhelmingly does chase the money, and at a minimum don’t mind “big city” living. So tell that to the membership that they should apply to those places, because based on the air travel market, those places won’t have much traffic anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom