Offering money for swaps?

This is only half true, I think things worked way better when you had to pick two states. People who only wanted a place close to home could apply for that, not get stuck anywhere then complain, and people who really wanted to go anywhere could pick states with lots of facilities.

Plus if you picked a big state just to get your foot in the door most of those states have big centers and/or TRACONS and that was the era where you could be sent to a level 11 up/down or N90 off the street. So you had to prove yourself at a big place if it was going to work out for you, and most people who made it for used to the big money and stayed.
In some cases you had people waiting years for a spot after being told where they were going, then would get transferred or offered to other state or facility or they would choose to no longer wait and drop out. And now here we are years later, so things didn’t work better, we have seen that play out already.
I think the first step needs to be to Close or consolidate facilities. Very few people want to stay at some of these low level facilities long term. Clearly more people are willing to sacrifice location for money. As seen by the ncept applicants last

What he said. LAS is relatively easy to get to though. I think people get burned out living in Vegas. If you aren’t associated with the strip you ain’t shit there and a few friends have told me it’s terrible place to raise kids (aside from the strip lol).

I could be wrong, but I don’t think MCO has ever been able to pickup since NCEPT started. IAH is very difficult though. Gotta know some people or politic your ass off.
MCO/SFB have only received hardship inbounds since I autistically started keeping track of facilities, dating back to December, 2015.

Last edited:
They only want to get home if it's a level 10 or higher. Nobody out here trying to get to terra haute indiana when they can go to ZID
Seems like the obvious solution is to restructure the pay scales to be based on staffing percentage instead of level. Change the annual raises so that the most understaffed facilities get the largest percentage raises and the overstaffed facilities get nothing, and eventually the pay at hard-to-staff locations will get high enough to make people want to go there. Obviously this won't ever happen, but it's nice to think about controllers at ASE being the highest-paid in the NAS.

Seems like the obvious solution is to restructure the pay scales to be based on staffing percentage instead of level. Change the annual raises so that the most understaffed facilities get the largest percentage raises and the overstaffed facilities get nothing, and eventually the pay at hard-to-staff locations will get high enough to make people want to go there. Obviously this won't ever happen, but it's nice to think about controllers at ASE being the highest-paid in the NAS.
1612731429293.gif

Talk about encouragement to wash people out and keep staffing low lol.

Or just hire people that already live in that town that want to make fed money and benefits.

Talk about encouragement to wash people out and keep staffing low lol.
Oof, you're right. Maybe you could tie it to CPCs plus ~50% of inbounds, to stop facilities from washing everyone out to keep their success rates low? I bet you could find some way to make it work if you really wanted to.

Can't blame them for avoiding Terre Haute, I bet it's a career death wish. I spent 4 too many years there in school
I spent some time there and boy I'm glad to say I did not miss it. The only thing is miss about that place are thing wings from Baesler's.

You guys make a lot of assumptions, I wanna see the hometown Chad who is going to apply to ACK or the bumfuck Billy applying to GCN.
I will gladly trade with someone for VGT. Lived in Vegas almost my whole life. But I’d also take GCN tomorrow if they offered it. I am putting in for it anyway. Or if someone wanted to swap. Almost anywhere within about 4 or so hours I’d take at this point.

I will gladly trade with someone for VGT. Lived in Vegas almost my whole life. But I’d also take GCN tomorrow if they offered it. I am putting in for it anyway. Or if someone wanted to swap. Almost anywhere within about 4 or so hours I’d take at this point.
My buddy just got VGT. How many sheckels u got?

Back
Top Bottom