Paid Parental Leave

CF

plz like my posts
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Apparently the fix for the loophole that excludes FAA employees is being blocked in the Senate. Not all that surprising.

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a loophole. The DOT Reauthization act of 1996 exempts the FAA from most of title 5. Title 5 governs federal employees. It's the same thing that exempts the FAA from most of your rights and protections as a federal employee. Calling it a loophole is misleading because the FAA is in charge of their own personnel management system.

It would be like Walmart employees arguing they didn't get a raise when target employee's did; they are separate managing bodies. So what is really being asked for is for congress to exempt this section of the exemption from being exempted. 🤨

Last edited:

CF

plz like my posts
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Call it whatever you want. The FAA is probably less than a percent of the entire federal workforce, where's the benefit in holding it up for us when you're already doing it for everyone one else?

I guess if it isn't a federal judge nomination then this senate can't make time to vote on it.

Move78

Forum Sage
It's not a loophole. The DOT Reauthization act of 1996 exempts the FAA from most of title 5. Title 5 governs federal employees. It's the same thing that exempts the FAA from most of your rights and protections as a federal employee. Calling it a loophole is dishonest because the FAA is in charge of their own personnel management system.

It would be like Walmart employees arguing they didn't get a raise when target employee's did; they are separate managing bodies. So what is really being asked for is for congress to exempt this section of the exemption from being exempted. 🤨
Target and Walmart analogy would be like Canada and USA

Nhstadt

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
OKC Oklahoma City Tower
Remember, you better donate to that PAC, and max contribution or you are a scumbag! It gets us face time with senators and congressmen and they'll remember us because of those contributions!

That worked out. Again.

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
BNA Nashville Tower
Remember, you better donate to that PAC, and max contribution or you are a scumbag! It gets us face time with senators and congressmen and they'll remember us because of those contributions!

That worked out. Again.
Shave the beard and I will fight your wife for you :p