Pay Chart question- Level 5 Tower w/ Radar

RH316

Trusted Contributor
In order to obtain D3 pay band, do you only have to check on ground? Or do you also have to have so many hours on local as well?

Assuming a typical setup, one control position

Edit: title question changed. It’s a % of positions.

Last edited:
My friend at a 5 up/down didn't get d3 until certified on all positions in the tower including local. After radar certification then cpc pay.

I have a similar question... I'm at a level 5 tower only and the manager told me I have to get FD/CD/GC/CC before I get D3 (my first raise). I was previously certified as D3 at a level 7 facility and only had to have FD/CD/GC. Does anyone know why my level 5 could be different?

I have a similar question... I'm at a level 5 tower only and the manager told me I have to get FD/CD/GC/CC before I get D3 (my first raise). I was previously certified as D3 at a level 7 facility and only had to have FD/CD/GC. Does anyone know why my level 5 could be different?

If you previously obtained D3 at a higher level facility you would retain that pay if it falls in the level 5 D3 payband and remain in that developmental stage, even in the case of a washout. (If I am reading the contract correctly) You will need to certify to receive another (final) pay raise, so it doesn't matter how many positions are considered for the D3 stage.

I washed out of a level 7 facility in 2013. I was certified D3 there. When I was rehired this September at a level 5, HR said I return at the AG band because I was never CPC. Now that I'm here, the manager is saying that I have to get FD/CD/GC/ and CC. I only had FD/CD/GC at the level 7 and was D3 so I don't understand why they'r requiring another position to get D3 at my level 5. Who would be able to clear it up? My union rep is on vacation for the next week.

Does your new facility have more positions to certify on? If there is even one more, it could cause your D3 to be delayed by one more position. As stated above it should be based on percentage of positions certified on.

I washed out of a level 7 facility in 2013. I was certified D3 there. When I was rehired this September at a level 5, HR said I return at the AG band because I was never CPC. Now that I'm here, the manager is saying that I have to get FD/CD/GC/ and CC. I only had FD/CD/GC at the level 7 and was D3 so I don't understand why they'r requiring another position to get D3 at my level 5. Who would be able to clear it up? My union rep is on vacation for the next week.
Article 108, Section 5, para (3)
Developmental Re-Entrants voluntarily separated for more than one (1) year or involuntarily separated, Basic Pay shall be set at the AG pay band.

Appendix B
FPL-5
Developmental-3
FD + 50% of All Other Positions

My facility has the same positions as my previous facility, but my manager said something about CD not being a control position, so I have to get CC before D3. But CC isn't a control position either, so I'm confused.

And where would I find the positions? Can they count local as 2 positions since there's technically local 1 and local 2 even though they are combined 99% of the time? Also my last facility had 2 locals, so I don't understand what's different.

Who determines if you'r D3... HR or the facility? I mean does the facility tell HR you're D3 or does the facility just tell HR that you'v certified on these positions and HR determines if you're D3 based on what you've certified on?

Last edited by a moderator:
And where would I find the positions? Can they count local as 2 positions since there's technically local 1 and local 2 even though they are combined 99% of the time? Also my last facility had 2 locals, so I don't understand what's different.
They're on the terminal apps site somewhere if you're determined to find out. Each control position is counted, it doesn't matter how it's "normally" worked.

Look in your facility training order. That will have all the positions listed somewhere, along with the number of hours that's required.
So if you have FD/CD/GC/CC at D3....you'll have LC1/LC2/(something else).....CIC doesn't count as a position.
You able to say which tower?

The positions in the training order are FD/CD/GC/CC/LC1/LC2 and CIC. It lists the positions and minimum and maximum hours needed to maintain them. The contract says a level 5 tower needs FD and 50% of the other positions. No where does it specify what those 50% are.

Back
Top Bottom