Pay question

Atc1234

I can tell you they have a huge stack of people trying to move there and average pay is around $122k when checked out.
Question from a noob in the hiring process here: If the average pay is 122k at checkout, then why is the top of the scale on this site at 150k in the graphic? Thanks!

Question from a noob in the hiring process here: If the average pay is 122k at checkout, then why is the top of the scale on this site at 150k in the graphic? Thanks!
When you check out you start at the band minimum, then with each yearly or bi-yearly raise you move slowly closer to band maximum

When you check out you start at the band minimum, then with each yearly or bi-yearly raise you move slowly closer to band maximum
Ok thanks. So 1. How long does it take to get to the top of the band. And 2. Does the band not include things like OT and shift differential? For example. Someone who is at the top of the band work 100 hours of OT, they can go above the top of the band?

Ok thanks. So 1. How long does it take to get to the top of the band. And 2. Does the band not include things like OT and shift differential? For example. Someone who is at the top of the band work 100 hours of OT, they can go above the top of the band?
Time to get to the band maximum can factor on a lot of things being a federal employee (size of each raise, pay freezes, etc). You can estimate roughly 15 years. Locality % factors into the bands, they do not include things like CIC pay, Sunday pay, holiday pay, OT, OJTI (Trainer) pay, etc, which can take for over the band. Once you hit the top of the band, any yearly raise (unless it increases the bands) is given to you in a lump sum.

Time to get to the band maximum can factor on a lot of things being a federal employee (size of each raise, pay freezes, etc). You can estimate roughly 15 years. Locality % factors into the bands, they do not include things like CIC pay, Sunday pay, holiday pay, OT, OJTI (Trainer) pay, etc, which can take for over the band. Once you hit the top of the band, any yearly raise (unless it increases the bands) is given to you in a lump sum.

Thanks for the helpful reply. Sounds like a controller who's been in the FAA forever at a level 12 with good locality and huge OT can have a pretty fat check then.

Shoooooooooooooot. Sign me up. I'm a full time college student. I'll be taking a raise when I go to the academy lol.
The published bands are just base salary. The pay on this site includes CIP so some are slightly different.
And your gross will be significantly different depending on how many differentials (ot, Cic, night pay etc) you you compile throughout the year.

So I guess we are resurrecting threads from almost two years ago now? I made that comment when I was still in the hiring process. Currently a CPC.

Edit: I'm not at N90

Last edited:
We got a guy in my sector who worked 60 hour weeks every week last year and broke $400k. He’s retiring next year so hammered down lol

Back
Top Bottom