PC builds

Color depth is the other biggie, "full color" is 32 bits per pixel (eight bits each for RGBA channels). When you get up to 4k 240Hz that's a LOT of data going through the cable/being decoded by the TV, so often they'll fudge it because either the cable itself or the TV doesn't have the bandwidth. I'm not entirely sure of the details but it can lead to colors not looking quite right.

Also what AB said, 82" is huge...
LTT did a video with something like he described and he said it was nigh unplayable for sitting anywhere close to it

Also what AB said, 82" is huge...
Yeah the main reason I'm building the PC isnt for gaming but for photo editing...with gaming being a nice bonus. I use Photoshop and Lightroom a lot and I'm sick of the lag on my laptop. I'll probably just use it for single-player games like Skyrim and stuff on Steam and stick to my PS for the Battlefield types of games. The way my room is set up I'll be about 10 feet back from the tv

Anyone else do video editing? Took a whole bunch of videos recently that were 4K, and now I'm realizing that my GTX680 and isn't gonna cut it. Actually thinking about a laptop for the job so I can work on it on breaks and when I'm on the go. Do I need a 2080, or will a 2060/2070 cut it?

Are you using Premiere Pro? Adobe's quick sync feature using intel might still be faster depending on your workflow. Adobe also released GPU-based acceleration using Nvidia's NVENC earlier this year. I think an RTX 2060 is fine since the mobile RTX 30XXs do not have a solid date yet.

Are you using Premiere Pro? Adobe's quick sync feature using intel might still be faster depending on your workflow. Adobe also released GPU-based acceleration using Nvidia's NVENC earlier this year. I think an RTX 2060 is fine since the mobile RTX 30XXs do not have a solid date yet.
Chiming in on the laptop the mobile 2060/2070? You will have enough. Make sure you get an i7 though. I'd probably aim for the 16g option. The laptop will be 2k and probably 10-15% weaker than a 2k computer build.

Yeah the main reason I'm building the PC isnt for gaming but for photo editing...with gaming being a nice bonus. I use Photoshop and Lightroom a lot and I'm sick of the lag on my laptop. I'll probably just use it for single-player games like Skyrim and stuff on Steam and stick to my PS for the Battlefield types of games. The way my room is set up I'll be about 10 feet back from the tv
What camera u got

damn i need to get out this tower

pro camera

for fun

32 hurry up and check out and buy me this
I mean it's not a D5 or anything lol. I got into photography when I was down at SJU cuz there's lots of beautiful landscapes down there. Had a D3300 for 2 or 3 years but I needed to upgrade to a full frame to take advantage of the wide-angle lenses.
DSC_3839.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
20201026_224816.jpg

Last edited:
God damn those are some pretty fucking pictures
Thanks dawg. If you can pay me L11 pay for the next 20 years and give me a pension, I'll be your personal photographer. Birthday parties, engagements, weddings, genitals, holiday portraits...whatever you need.

Thanks dawg. If you can pay me L11 pay for the next 20 years and give me a pension, I'll be your personal photographer. Birthday parties, engagements, weddings, genitals, holiday portraits...whatever you need.
If I had Bezos money maybe

The skill of my photography is me taking this beautiful picture of my iced over windshield

Attachments

• 1207AD90-4D20-4894-AAC4-73E01734BA33.jpeg
    1207AD90-4D20-4894-AAC4-73E01734BA33.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 14
I mean it's not a D5 or anything lol. I got into photography when I was down at SJU cuz there's lots of beautiful landscapes down there. Had a D3300 for 2 or 3 years but I needed to upgrade to a full frame to take advantage of the wide-angle lenses.
View attachment 5046
View attachment 5041
View attachment 5048
Dang I know you suck as an internet troll but the post processing here is awesome. Dis you use a tripod and longer exposure in that second one? These are really pleasurable to look it, good eye. I've read about the storytelling aspects and guiding the viewer but I haven't gotten a ton of practice in. These are super cool

Dang I know you suck as an internet troll but the post processing here is awesome. Dis you use a tripod and longer exposure in that second one? These are really pleasurable to look it, good eye. I've read about the storytelling aspects and guiding the viewer but I haven't gotten a ton of practice in. These are super cool
O yea well you suck as a PERSON. Lol

Tbh I cant remember, it was like 5 years ago. I think I just did it handheld and took some light out in post, it was pretty close to sunset and perfect lighting. I do remember standing there for like 45 minutes waiting for a clear shot with no people haha

Back
Top Bottom