PC builds

Anyone running a plex server? I just got around to setting one up and am really impressed by the features. Like netflix but for torrents.

I was going to opt for the blacked out Cooler Master with ARGB for my build, but IMO the stock cooler for my Ryzen 3700x (Wraith Prism LED) performs very nice even at a small overclock and looks great for a stock cooler.
That is a pretty build. I'm jealous of the aesthetics. If only the "Sapphire" could be white. The AMD stock coolers, in general, are pretty solid, and unless you're doing some heavy overclocks or are working in very small form factors where airflow is an issue they should be fine.

O yea well you suck as a PERSON. Lol

Tbh I cant remember, it was like 5 years ago. I think I just did it handheld and took some light out in post, it was pretty close to sunset and perfect lighting. I do remember standing there for like 45 minutes waiting for a clear shot with no people haha
Bro that 45 min was worth the wait, I'd hang that in the office next to my battlestation

That is a pretty build. I'm jealous of the aesthetics. If only the "Sapphire" could be white. The AMD stock coolers, in general, are pretty solid, and unless you're doing some heavy overclocks or are working in very small form factors where airflow is an issue they should be fine.
Thanks. I have tried a ton of different color settings on it, and I definitely found an all white with a blue "twinkle" effect to give me my best aesthetic. The only bummer, like you said, is that the Sapphire logo on my 5700xt and the outer ring of the AMD cooler can't be controlled (Sapphire is permanently red and the AMD ring is a slow rainbow effect).

All the performance numbers I have seen showed the stock cooler to be more than sufficient for the 3700x, but an aftermarket cooler seems to be more beneficial as soon as you move up to the 3800x or larger. Depending upon what next gen looks like price-wise, my wife might get this as my hand me down and I might try my hand at another build! ???

I wanna know about all the cords in the box on the left
You mean the ones next to the duct tape and dildos?

Bro all my cords are in Ziplocs by type, ethernet, micro USB, USB-C, lightning...I don't play that disorganized shit. Except when I work ground in SWAP.

All AMD new machine, they're killing it right now
I'm thinking the RX 6800XT with the 5600X might be the most balanced combo in regards to price and performance. The RX 6800XT will probably guarantee 1440P gaming over 100fps for the next several years easily. The 2 extra cores for the 5800x are nice, but are they worth the extra $150 for that and .1GHz at the cost of over 50% more power draw and (I'm guessing) dramatically increased thermals?

In any event, RIP Intel.

I just got a custom build from NZXT with a 3090 since they were sold out of the 3080, they charge MSRP for everything and only $99 to build it. 2 year warranty on everything. PC is crazy fast. RTX3090, i9-10900k, 32gb Ram

Attachments

• 33DFED0D-D842-46F7-83C6-2F78225CEBC4.jpeg
    33DFED0D-D842-46F7-83C6-2F78225CEBC4.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 23308096-EB2B-427B-BE9D-91DFA027A686.jpeg
    23308096-EB2B-427B-BE9D-91DFA027A686.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2F8DE962-921C-4126-B012-9F8201D56189.jpeg
    2F8DE962-921C-4126-B012-9F8201D56189.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14
I just got a custom build from NZXT with a 3090 since they were sold out of the 3080, they charge MSRP for everything and only $99 to build it. 2 year warranty on everything. PC is crazy fast. RTX3090, i9-10900k, 32gb Ram
NZXT is pretty good with their BLD service; and they are running 10% off for Black Friday which more or less takes care of their assembly fee depending on what your total build is. Their H510 case was really easy for me to build my own in and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone; this was the first PC that I built in about 15 years and their case definitely didn't add difficulty to the process like some cases can.

I moved facilities just a few months ago and finally got my rig setup the other week; I had an old 27" monitor that I've repurposed to my telework station now and upgraded my setup to two 32" curved 1440p 165hz monitors that I got from Best Buy as part of their early Black Friday deals a few weeks ago. It's going to make feel even worse getting WREKT in Battlefront II now. ???

IMG_20201127_010705.jpg

Last edited:
any good black friday deals worth mentioning?
Nothing specific but there are some good deals on nvme ssds. Samsung or the WD ones are solid. I just got one and it’s been so nice how snappy it makes the computer feel during day to day stuff.

any good black friday deals worth mentioning?
Nothing specific but there are some good deals on nvme ssds. Samsung or the WD ones are solid. I just got one and it’s been so nice how snappy it makes the computer feel during day to day stuff.
Same thing for Cyber Monday unfortunately as well. Core components across build specs are in such constant high demand that they don't warrant much of any discount from retailers. The only sales I have been seeing for CPUs, motherboards, and GPUs mimic what their everyday "sale" prices are if they have any in stock. The Microcenter nearest me has "sales" on several motherboards and CPUs that they don't even have in stock, so there's that. I've seen a couple decent deals for SSDs, RAM, and monitors on the big sites but that's about it.

Same thing for Cyber Monday unfortunately as well. Core components across build specs are in such constant high demand that they don't warrant much of any discount from retailers. The only sales I have been seeing for CPUs, motherboards, and GPUs mimic what their everyday "sale" prices are if they have any in stock. The Microcenter nearest me has "sales" on several motherboards and CPUs that they don't even have in stock, so there's that. I've seen a couple decent deals for SSDs, RAM, and monitors on the big sites but that's about it.
Yeah. I was just looking at amazon's cyber monday tech deals. Pretty lacking.

Back
Top Bottom