PHL Bid - AEA-ATO-21-RCM-73308

My expectation would be that they hire in batches. First batches do the academy and everything, then get sent on a temporary duty to train on the EWR sector while it's at N90. They would have a hard set date out of N90 when EWR leaves. They would be used at staffing when it moves to PHL. This gives you some staffing to help run the sector, you then move the sector with the new staffing, the vets that want to leave, and temporary duty some of the ones that want to stay to help train controllers at PHL.

I think everyone that applied knows this is to staff the EWR sector.
I can only imagine how some employees would abuse the shit out of TDY money on long Island for training lol. You'd have "frugal" controllers trying to live in the TRACON to bank extra

I can only imagine how some employees would abuse the shit out of TDY money on long Island for training lol. You'd have "frugal" controllers trying to live in the TRACON to bank extra
They got a shower there? hahaha

You don’t want to TDY to N90 to train for EWR when 75% of the EWR area wants the move to fail.

We’ve been told this will not happen, and all sim training will be done in OKC then PHL for OJT. Also people from low level facilitates will most likely do PHL traffic and higher level facilities to EWR sector.
Don’t tease me like that

You don’t want to TDY to N90 to train for EWR when 75% of the EWR area wants the move to fail.
That would be quite the hostile work environment. Are they anticipating n90 being significantly downgraded after the EWR airspace moves? I noticed they just dropped another year long N90 bid on USAJOBS. Do you know how many ppl they are trying to pick up for that?

Has anyone been bugging the PHL facrep recently to answer our questions? Someone needs to stay buggin.

I think people need to leave the guy alone he’s probably getting railed every day about this, let alone dealing with his actual facility
I was joking. I haven’t contacted him as of late for that very reason. I don’t envy his position.

I don't understand why they would want to keep it. They cant fix the staffing, because so few people want to live on LI. Indefinite mandatory OT sounds like a work/life nightmare. If they want to stay, they can backfill other areas and help their staffing. I don't know what I'm missing.

I don't understand why they would want to keep it. They cant fix the staffing, because so few people want to live on LI. Indefinite mandatory OT sounds like a work/life nightmare. If they want to stay, they can backfill other areas and help their staffing. I don't know what I'm missing.
People don’t want to leave and they also don’t want to train is my guess. Lol

Correct. Would you want to be forced to train again or move 5 years away from retirement? Especially having to now learn LGA or JFK?
I honestly wouldn't care if I was that close to the airspace and already worked the most difficult sector, as far as I have heard, in the building. I have never worked at a busy facility, but that seems like such a small thing take issue with. Moving on the other hand would a no go for me. I would have thought they would have solid a grasp on a sizeable chunk of the neighboring sectors. Do they not?

I honestly wouldn't care if I was that close to the airspace and already worked the most difficult sector, as far as I have heard, in the building. I have never worked at a busy facility, but that seems like such a small thing take issue with. Moving on the other hand would a no go for me. I would have thought they would have solid a grasp on a sizeable chunk of the neighboring sectors. Do they not?
If you trained at a high level facility in the northeast, you would know what he's talking about and you would definitely take issue with it

I don't think you understand the actual complexity and density of N90's airspace. This isn't like going from north approach to south approach at Milwaukee or something. You're talking about an entirely different set of airports - each major airport in NYC has a whole new set of regional/feeder GA airports etc, dozens of new approaches, fixes, runways, airways and shit to memorize, completely different flows.

and then there’s the recent checkouts who certified past the PHL deadline so going to PHL isn’t an option for them, who just spent the last 2-3 years training on EWR and don’t want to now go to another area to start training all over again.

Back
Top Bottom