Postpone academy?

Slumpy1990

When you get a class date are you able to ask the hr POC if you can be enrolled in next available class? Or is it basically whatever date you get you have to accept? If you can postpone, would they keep me in en route or would it be whatever is next available for class? Thanks for any info!

When you get a class date are you able to ask the hr POC if you can be enrolled in next available class? Or is it basically whatever date you get you have to accept? If you can postpone, would they keep me in en route or would it be whatever is next available for class? Thanks for any info!
HR allowed me to delay my start date by a month because I was a groomsman in a wedding. Generally, they’re accommodative.

i know someone that had to delay going to the academy after finishing basics, went from terminal to en route. they stuck him in the next class that had someone fail basics and said that's the only option. also had 2 ppl in my class delay starting basics and they were able to choose between terminal and en route, not sure why they were allowed to choose. this was both in 2020

You are gonna get anecdotal responses of every possible scenario from people on here

All you can do wait till you get a FOL or a class date and ask them then
^this

It’s at the discretion of whichever HR rep you’re dealing with. Depending on who you have and the mood they’re in when you ask, they might let you delay as long as you want, they might give you one or two extra weeks, or they may even deny it. You just have to ask. When I was offered my class date several years back, they wanted me to report for Basics (in person in OKC) in 2 weeks. I asked for an extension for obvious reasons and they pushed me back one extra week. It just depends.

I know people who've gotten delays granted for things like graduating college, or getting married, or any big life events but no more than a month or two delay in their experiences. But it depends on which HR you have since some aren't as lenient.

I am supposed to start at the end of March and just asked for a little delay. Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the responses.

I was just offered a 3/3 date. I was able to defer and my HR rep asked when I would be available. I said late April so that I could complete my orthodontic treatment. So that’s about a 2.5 month deferral and the ATO approved my request without asking for proof.

I was just offered a 3/3 date. I was able to defer and my HR rep asked when I would be available. I said late April so that I could complete my orthodontic treatment. So that’s about a 2.5 month deferral and the ATO approved my request without asking for proof.
Idk what the procedure is but you might want to make sure the medical people know. In our job we have to report certain medical information to the flight surgeon

Idk what the procedure is but you might want to make sure the medical people know. In our job we have to report certain medical information to the flight surgeon
Yeah my HR rep advised that I report it to medical. I had already reported all my ortho visits on all those health forms. It's just Invisalign, no oral surgeries. The AME was fine with it at the physical and the flight surgeon made no mention of it.

Yeah my HR rep advised that I report it to medical. I had already reported all my ortho visits on all those health forms. It's just Invisalign, no oral surgeries. The AME was fine with it at the physical and the flight surgeon made no mention of it.
Cool just mentioning it

Back
Top Bottom