Prior Exp List. Opinions?

If your ultimate goal is to transfer, go to whichever facility has the lowest checkout time + best staffing.

Going to a higher facility in hopes that a 12 will “want you more” doesn’t matter anymore. They can put you at #1 but if you’re at a facility that can’t release, the level 5 tower guy who’s facility is a revolving door is getting picked up ahead of you 10/10 times
Can confirm am at 12 all supervisors are from 5 tower

Also, after you do your due diligence (I like to create spreadsheets with avg checkout time, current CPC, fac lvl, trainees), call your top few prospective facilities and poke around. See what the landscape looks like. There might be one tower that’s 99% staffed but they have 3 people trying to transfer but a different tower might be 92% staffed and zero people wanting to leave. So there’s more to it than what meets the eye.

Good call. I’ve lived in Colorado most of my life. I got out of the Air Force and was stoked to come home when I saw PUB on my list and figured I’d commute from Springs. After 2 years of that and Springs real estate and rental pricing, I said fuck that and bought in Pueblo. Colorado is a train wreck nowadays. Even Pueblo is insane if you’re buying in a nice neighborhood on the north side. Over $400K for a new home. In Pueblo. I need to get the fuck out of here.
My buddy just got out to PUB couple months ago. When I found out they started him at AG pay, I was pretty blown away. I guess contract tower experience doesn't count for experience. Fortunately, he's young and doesn't have kids, but CoL is going up everywhere, and is ridiculous near you guys.

Also don't know your living situation but real estate near APA is fucking outrageous.
I mean it’s a little steep but I wouldn’t say outrageous… I live 10 min from APA. Mortgage isn’t really that much more than it was in the Midwest.

I mean it’s a little steep but I wouldn’t say outrageous… I live 10 min from APA. Mortgage isn’t really that much more than it was in the Midwest.
I guess it's really situational. I have 4 kids, so I need a little bigger place.

My buddy just got out to PUB couple months ago. When I found out they started him at AG pay, I was pretty blown away. I guess contract tower experience doesn't count for experience. Fortunately, he's young and doesn't have kids, but CoL is going up everywhere, and is ridiculous near you guys.
PA? I’m washing him out.

Nah, that dude is the best trainee we have.

If you’re a young dude with no kids, go for it. Denver has some fun stuff to do and APA is in a good spot. Just be prepared for the high CoL like COS. I know a few people that work there, one of which I was in the Air Force with. Good people. Additionally, if you go to APA and certify, having an 8 VFR tower on your -42 or -43 will look good.

Back
Top Bottom