Privatisation and the Shutdown... Has your stance changed?

If I remember correctly when they announced the results the total vote count wasn't great, maybe half or less if my memory serves me correctly.

"Why did someone get elected when the prevailing voices are clearly not aligned with them?"

---Hmmm, where else have I heard that question in the last 2 years?
;-)

Definitely against privatization. That would only create other bigger problems for us, and once we go private they'll be permanent. Shutdowns may be a huge inconvenience, but they're temporary by nature. Hopefully after this lesson everyone will work on having "rainy day" savings.

If I remember correctly when they announced the results the total vote count wasn't great, maybe half or less if my memory serves me correctly.

This one of the tremendously sad things in our Union. If memory serves it was not even half of the membership. How pathetic is that?

Definitely against privatization. That would only create other bigger problems for us, and once we go private they'll be permanent. Shutdowns may be a huge inconvenience, but they're temporary by nature. Hopefully after this lesson everyone will work on having "rainy day" savings.

I've always assumed that if we ever privatize, N90 wint. Theyll say its national security or vital to the public or soemthing and give N90 raises and keep govt. I'm not being tongue in cheek, I think that would happen. Either way... it doesnt seem we are one inch closer to privatizing that we were years ago during that fiasco when big NATCA tried to sell us on the "corporation " , aka Paul's golden parachute.

It was almost 8900 people out of 15000. So about 60% that’s not a great turnout but silence is concent, if there was a true anti privatization majority they would have turned out.

For some reason I thought it hovered around 5400 ish. It’s been a while and I’ll have to dig back through, silence is either consent or just not caring ?

It was almost 8900 people out of 15000. So about 60% that’s not a great turnout but silence is concent, if there was a true anti privatization majority they would have turned out.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but I wish I had saved the election results email. I also feel like the rvp vote for western pacific was only like 200 or 300 votes, not great

I've always assumed that if we ever privatize, N90 wint. Theyll say its national security or vital to the public or soemthing and give N90 raises and keep govt. I'm not being tongue in cheek, I think that would happen. Either way... it doesnt seem we are one inch closer to privatizing that we were years ago during that fiasco when big NATCA tried to sell us on the "corporation " , aka Paul's golden parachute.

What is your issue with N90? I am assuming you have friends...that work there...or have at least visited the facility and talked with the Local Board being you seem all knowledgeable about how things are done there.

I swear man the only tin you push is hat shaped

349BAC71-166C-4A4B-AA87-2F4C8C1D79D6.jpeg

What is your issue with N90? I am assuming you have friends...that work there...or have at least visited the facility and talked with the Local Board being you seem all knowledgeable about how things are done there.

Everyone knows how things are done at N90.

Everyone knows how things are done at N90.

@pushingtinfoil Yeah. Mostly through the game of telephone. So your answer is no. You have no first hand experience of what N90 is like. How bout you do yourself a favor and take a fam over there when the gov is back running up. Educate yourself on the current situation. And quit putting it down. You do nothing to help the situation as opposed to those of us that are going over there to help. I am also tired of your inexperienced unhelpful rhetoric. If you are going to continue yacking bout N90 do it on a thread of its own. Oh wait. There is an N90 thread.

@pushingtinfoil Yeah. Mostly through the game of telephone. So your answer is no. You have no first hand experience of what N90 is like. How bout you do yourself a favor and take a fam over there when the gov is back running up. Educate yourself on the current situation. And quit putting it down. You do nothing to help the situation as opposed to those of us that are going over there to help. I am also tired of your inexperienced unhelpful rhetoric. If you are going to continue yacking bout N90 do it on a thread of its own. Oh wait. There is an N90 thread.

Lol. I said that even if many years down the line ATC privatizes, I dont think N90 will privatize. Which is exactly what this thread is about. As to why that is obvious, they have never been treated like the other 315 facilities in the past, why would it start under the privatization hypothetical?

This shutdown hasn't changed my stance. Look how powerless controllers are now? Imagine if we didnt have all the fed protections to fall back on. Heads would be rolling. People who dared dissent (me) and challenge sacred cows and status quos would be gone; right alongside our retirement.

OK, sorry to get off topic. What is a "fam"?

Back
Top Bottom