Radar Contact Lost

goldhunt572

Lurker
when a target disappears, how many seconds must pass without the target appearing again before it can be considered radar contact lost?

As soon as the target disappears it's considered radar contact lost. That's not to say you have to instantly say it, you can wait a few ticks to see if it'll pop back up.

Old radar was 3 sweeps, so roughly 15 secs. I’ve never seen any update since those signal scopes were being replaced with STARS. I’m not an expert, just what I remembered from 15 years ago.

This is a good question. I haven't been able to find any documented answer. The only reference to radar contact lost that I've found so far is just the phraseology.

This is a good question. I haven't been able to find any documented answer. The only reference to radar contact lost that I've found so far is just the phraseology.
Isn’t it 10 seconds terminal, 30 seconds en route? Idk I’m on leave but that’s what i remember

yeah, the question came up at work and i haven’t been able to find a reference for it

Back
Top Bottom