Reinstatement

So there's a group of you out there that are big enough dirtbags to quit on your facility as an end run around NCEPT, but you don't think you're big enough dirtbags to be blacklisted?

So there's a group of you out there that are big enough dirtbags to quit on your facility as an end run around NCEPT, but you don't think you're big enough dirtbags to be blacklisted?
I dunno man I quit on my facility got rehired at a 12 and am now in the top 20% of pay for all controllers so it kinda worked for me

Maybe just treat all "dirtbags" equally?

They literally created it in March of 22
Let me make sure I am understanding: In the past when you would certify on x positions, you would be offered x amount of facilities congruent with the difficulty of x positions you certified on? ie... Level 12 TRACON, Whatever Sector you certified on 7/8 scopes. You could be offered up to 45 facilities 4-11, right? To my memory it has always been this way (via the NEST except N90/C90) and I expected them to squash this regardless of sectors you certified on and only send you back to the level of facility you CPC'd at. Withdrawing from training would also trigger a nest list or allow you to take the "quicker" method and return to last facility you came from.

My expectation has been for them to close both loopholes, the one where you withdraw from training and the one where you fail.

End run around isn't a saying. You sound like fucking Ricky from the trailer park boys.

Who is a bigger scammer - someone who spends 95% of their career as a CPC and quits because they can't transfer for years? Or someone who has been in the NEST multiple times and has spent 20% of their career as a CPC?

Nobody who quit is asking to be paid for no work (although many CPC-ITs made 150k+ for staying at home during covid).

Knowing what we know about the FAA's hiring process, and how darn difficult it is to get hired to this job, it's mind boggling to me that there's people that think quitting in order to get rehired somewhere else is a viable option and worth the risk.

Knowing what we know about the FAA's hiring process, and how darn difficult it is to get hired to this job, it's mind boggling to me that there's people that think quitting in order to get rehired somewhere else is a viable option and worth the risk.
It's the only option there is if you're unwilling to be stuck where you are

It's the only option there is if you're unwilling to be stuck where you are

There’s no guarantees to get rehired after you quit. I personally would never take that chance, but I realize that not everyone loves the job as much as I did. For me ATC was my dream career and I wouldn’t risk losing it just to go elsewhere. The career was more important to me than the location.

Let me make sure I am understanding: In the past when you would certify on x positions, you would be offered x amount of facilities congruent with the difficulty of x positions you certified on? ie... Level 12 TRACON, Whatever Sector you certified on 7/8 scopes. You could be offered up to 45 facilities 4-11, right? To my memory it has always been this way (via the NEST except N90/C90) and I expected them to squash this regardless of sectors you certified on and only send you back to the level of facility you CPC'd at. Withdrawing from training would also trigger a nest list or allow you to take the "quicker" method and return to last facility you came from.

My expectation has been for them to close both loopholes, the one where you withdraw from training and the one where you fail.
Before the sop change you were offered facilities, within the negotiated/collaborated FPL/type, that were projected below national average. Now it’s everyone with a vacancy below 100. It’s positive change if you’re representing those BUEs in the NEST. But it also creates new contexts where NEST is a more effective way to transfer than NCEPT and also more contexts where NEST is the best way to set yourself up for a progression via ERR/USAJobs within the next year. And obviously people training with no intention of certifying is a drain on the rest of the controllers.

Before the sop change you were offered facilities, within the negotiated/collaborated FPL/type, that were projected below national average. Now it’s everyone with a vacancy below 100. It’s positive change if you’re representing those BUEs in the NEST. But it also creates new contexts where NEST is a more effective way to transfer than NCEPT and also more contexts where NEST is the best way to set yourself up for a progression via ERR/USAJobs within the next year. And obviously people training with no intention of certifying is a drain on the rest of the controllers.
I missed the part where you were offered 100 facilities, apologies. The changes have all run together for me. I miss the ERR system on USAJOBS

There’s no guarantees to get rehired after you quit. I personally would never take that chance, but I realize that not everyone loves the job as much as I did. For me ATC was my dream career and I wouldn’t risk losing it just to go elsewhere. The career was more important to me than the location.
I wonder if you’d have the same commitment being stuck at a level 6 and below your entire career in a shit location

No matter how much I love my job my families health comes first.

No matter how much I love my job my families health comes first.
Point of Order: did you apply for reinstatement at the facility you were at when you resigned, or a new one?

If the latter...did you try your last facility, and then pursue the NCEPT/USAJobs process through there? Or even try NEST'ing out of there?

You start at a center in a big city? Go live in the middle of the US for 7yrs making 80k and tell me quitting isn’t your best option. I went to bars on weekends that had 10 people in them consistently. It’s not living lol

Back
Top Bottom