Reinstatement

Mk2186

Applied for reinstatement and was denied. Over 12 years tower/tracon and center. Email contact would not or could not give any information on why. Talked to my previous facility( out of agency 2 years now) and they say that don’t know why. Finally got info back from freedom of information act. Only info stated was Two weeks notice was given. Anyone have any insight or how to proceed from here?

Applied for reinstatement and was denied. Over 12 years tower/tracon and center. Email contact would not or could not give any information on why. Talked to my previous facility( out of agency 2 years now) and they say that don’t know why. Finally got info back from freedom of information act. Only info stated was Two weeks notice was given. Anyone have any insight or how to proceed from here?
I do recall that the reinstatement policy said something along the lines of 'they would query your last facility and if either NATCA/ATM said no to reinstatement, it was no'

Wonder if ATMs are being guided to say no and make everyone bid prior experience over reinstatement

Huh. Pretty interesting. Also par for the course for the faa to turn down fully trained and ready to go controllers. They can't stop hurting themselves.
Either that or it’s just HR doing whatever they want and will worry about repercussions later. I’m honestly surprised a lot aren’t pushing legal action for some of the shady shit going on. The latest HR SOP says more than a year and you are eligible for reinstatement [and SHOULD get a list], why are some being turned down without a reason conveyed to them and why are folks with more than a year outside the agency getting offered only their previous facility when seeking reinstatement?

If anyone is testifying before Congress about staffing it boggles me as to why things like this don’t get brought up. I really do think half the agency’s staffing problem is due to HR being a bunch of basket-weaving fucking idiots!

If you got your information off the FAA's website, it's not current. You'll need SF-50s showing hired date, completion of probationary period, CPC date, and transfer/separation date. I don't believe the website says you need the one showing you CPC date. Also, you're only offered facilities at the level you were previously certified at or lower. So if you were at a level 6, that's the highest you'll be offered.

The name of the person you were emailing should start with an L and the last name start with a G, she could not elaborate, I’d be surprised if she did not.

The goal of the FAA/NATCA was to kill or hinder reinstatement as much as possible because you had people leaving and getting to where they wanted, ex N90 controller caps his high 3 and wants to go to a country club in Missouri, no ATM in their right mind would turn down a FPL controller from N90 applying to their facility who was separated only 6 months from the agency. Hence the one year increase and now the “can’t apply direct to facility.”

Last edited:
The name of the person you were emailing should start with an L and the last name start with a G, she could not elaborate, I’d be surprised if she did not.

The goal of the FAA/NATCA was to kill or hinder reinstatement as much as possible because you had people leaving and getting to where they wanted, ex N90 controller caps his high 3 and wants to go to a country club in Missouri, no ATM in their right mind would turn down a FPL controller from N90 applying to their facility who was separated only 6 months from the agency. Hence the one year increase and now the “can’t apply direct to facility.”
Makes sense for the FAA to axe the work around to the problem, not actually solving the problem

Sue them for illegal hiring practices because somebody needs to with all the nonsense they have been pulling in the last few years as they are in a staffing crisis….don’t forget NATCA doesn’t have your back in any of this either even though it would ultimately benefit every controller lol

Sue them for illegal hiring practices because somebody needs to with all the nonsense they have been pulling in the last few years as they are in a staffing crisis….don’t forget NATCA doesn’t have your back in any of this either even though it would ultimately benefit every controller lol
This, and add that it’s in your belief that the agency is NOT acting in good faith to its staffing crisis.

I don’t know anything about the particulars with this applicant’s previous FAA stint, but there’s two sides to every story and it’s possible that he got “blacklisted” for something in his previous employment record. I know of one instance where a former N90 controller that had about 15 years experience quit for a few years to pursue a business opportunity. When that business ended belly up he tried to return, but he kept getting rejected over and over to the point that he’s past 56 now. The agency will never acknowledge it or comment about it, but he was blacklisted because of something that happened during his tenure. It didn’t help matters that he had some medical issues as well.

If you got your information off the FAA's website, it's not current. You'll need SF-50s showing hired date, completion of probationary period, CPC date, and transfer/separation date. I don't believe the website says you need the one showing you CPC date. Also, you're only offered facilities at the level you were previously certified at or lower. So if you were at a level 6, that's the highest you'll be offered.
Yep had all this, no issues at prior facility with attendance or performance. Confused here

No she would not answer why. Eventually stopped responding to my emails. Finally got her one the phone and the only thing she said was try freedom of information act. Did this and the reply had nothing in it except giving two weeks notice.

I know someone on this very site who is blacklisted
How do you get blacklisted? How do you find out?

do you know how I go about finding the correct lawyer?

do you know how I go about finding the correct lawyer?
I’d look for one that specializes in HR related cases and hiring practices. Knowing the legal precedent for those two things would pay dividends fighting in court and maximize your overall chances of strong-arming your way around the bull shit that is Aviation Careers.

It really does suck the FAA (and NATCA) shut down reinstates. I thought the gone for 12 months thing and reapply to a specific facility was great, it gave the people who were sick of NCEPT and willing to make that sacrifice and take that risk light at the end of the tunnel. I guess it worked once or twice and the agency and NATCA got scared and squashed it.

It really does suck the FAA (and NATCA) shut down reinstates. I thought the gone for 12 months thing and reapply to a specific facility was great, it gave the people who were sick of NCEPT and willing to make that sacrifice and take that risk light at the end of the tunnel. I guess it worked once or twice and the agency and NATCA got scared and squashed it.
I think that next up is going to be people who willingly withdraw from training because they don't want to be at that location. It has worked for many people and it seems to be on the rise

I think that next up is going to be people who willingly withdraw from training because they don't want to be at that location. It has worked for many people and it seems to be on the rise
This is true, they might find a way to screw those people. Also the next evolution of NCEPT fuckings might be if you wash out, you only can go back to your old facility.

Some people ERR from a 6 to any level 12 because they know if they progress a little through training but don’t make it, they get a NEST list of basically every level 7 and below in the country, and you will wind up someplace better then where you were at.

They will try to take that away soon.

This is true, they might find a way to screw those people. Also the next evolution of NCEPT fuckings might be if you wash out, you only can go back to your old facility.

Some people ERR from a 6 to any level 12 because they know if they progress a little through training but don’t make it, they get a NEST list of basically every level 7 and below in the country, and you will wind up someplace better then where you were at.

They will try to take that away soon.
I expected this shortly after COVID ended, surprised they still have not done so.

Back
Top Bottom