Reinstatement

The answer is right there in your reply. You call ATC "a job" while I call it a lifestyle. It's obvious to me that someone who is willing to quit because he can't get his preferred location looks at it as a "job". In that case the answer is no. It's not entitlement, so yeah best move on to something else.
It is a job, I'm not making my life worse for myself. Why would I be miserable somewhere hoping to get out instead of making my life better immediately. There's nothing cool or endearing about sucking up a shit life to maybe have it good in the future when you can improve your living conditions immediately

It is a job, I'm not making my life worse for myself. Why would I be miserable somewhere hoping to get out instead of making my life better immediately. There's nothing cool or endearing about sucking up a shit life to maybe have it good in the future when you can improve your living conditions immediately
Then by all means go for it. Like I said, it's not for everyone.

When you were partying, I studied the slate book. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered my vectors. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated better RDOs. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to complain about NCEPT to ME?!

Knowing what we know about the FAA's hiring process, and how darn difficult it is to get hired to this job, it's mind boggling to me that there's people that think quitting in order to get rehired somewhere else is a viable option and worth the risk.
It is worth the risk if you were at a level 7 or below in a location you don’t like and have no chance to get out of and have a degree or skills in a separate field since there are countless jobs they hand out now which pay comparable to those facility levels.

But a couple people did do that and the FAA and NATCA shit their pants and now made the reinstatement process virtually impossible, so you don't need to worry about it anymore.

82swbg.jpg

82swkc.jpg

When you were partying, I studied the slate book. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered my vectors. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated better RDOs. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to complain about NCEPT to ME?!
This guy gets it! 🤣
Sorry you chose your job over your life.
Actually, I got no complaints. I've had a great life, and been living large off my pension and TSP since I retired 4 years ago. If I had a time machine and could go back to 1990, I wouldn't change a thing. I was exactly where I needed to be.

Applied for reinstatement and was denied. Over 12 years tower/tracon and center. Email contact would not or could not give any information on why. Talked to my previous facility( out of agency 2 years now) and they say that don’t know why. Finally got info back from freedom of information act. Only info stated was Two weeks notice was given. Anyone have any insight or how to proceed from here?
Ill join you in a lawsuit lol, just got denied and was given no reason. My previous ATM is the one that found this information out for me. i havent heard a peep from the faa in an official manner.

If you rather quit than take on a busy/complex level 12 then it sounds more like a lack of ability/confidence than anything else. I’m a gen X guy, and I may be wired differently, but for me failure was never an option. Like I mentioned before, for me the career was more important than the location. I’ll admit I don’t understand too much today’s generations with a sense of entitlement that need everything handed in a platter.
You’re a different breed because absolutely screw the ATC career if you have nothing to hope for but going to work and going home in a city you don’t want to be in thousands of miles from home. Let me add on that I went to college and just about everyone I’m still friends with make much more than me and are in a location they want to be. Why in a country where there’s multiple towers in every state that desperately need people can a system not be put in place so you don’t get stuck in the middle of nowhere….I love talking to airplanes and working my ass off but going back I would never start the journey again.

I also want to add that not hiring someone back in a on going staffing crisis is absurd. I’m on a lot of engineer aviation Reddit pages and those guys leave their company every few years for giant pay bumps somewhere else and then come back all the time. I see no difference personally. Just someone high up in the FAA saying these quitters are our problem and why we are in this situation lol.

Last edited:
Absolutely take your chances and quit if it’s better for your life. But not getting the job you want back is part of those chances.
Getting black listed by a government I pay taxes for because of their own flaws is absolute shit. If it was different circumstances I’d understand. But if your old manager says you’re good you shouldn’t have a single problem just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

Getting black listed by a government I pay taxes for because of their own flaws is absolute shit. If it was different circumstances I’d understand. But if your old manager says you’re good you shouldn’t have a single problem just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️
Did you reach out to Lisa G?

Ill join you in a lawsuit lol, just got denied and was given no reason. My previous ATM is the one that found this information out for me. i havent heard a peep from the faa in an official manner.
Reinstatement at the facility you resigned from, or a new one?

The minute they reopened Reinstatement (I had submitted just prior to the freeze with a Level 12 TRACON onboard but they did not process the TOL fast enough so I'll be offered a bunch of other facilities) they processed mine and I got slapped with Tier 2 last November. Wonder why everyone is being denied. Did anyone call Lisa G and ask?

Resigned from. Everyone has been on board, even my atm and facrep helped me submit the package to reinstate. Surprised that the faa didnt even reach out to them before making a decision
They should, it is part of the new process.

The minute they reopened Reinstatement (I had submitted just prior to the freeze with a Level 12 TRACON onboard but they did not process the TOL fast enough so I'll be offered a bunch of other facilities) they processed mine and I got slapped with Tier 2 last November. Wonder why everyone is being denied. Did anyone call Lisa G and ask?
I tried emailing her and calling, no answer. Also reached out to D. P….and she wasnt even aware of my DQ aside from being marked down as “pending”

They should, it is part of the new process.
Last I heard from them was that nothing was asked, and even if they did, they obviously didnt take it into consideration. They have been trying to help me but its been hard for them to get a hold of someone as well.

If you rather quit than take on a busy/complex level 12 then it sounds more like a lack of ability/confidence than anything else. I’m a gen X guy, and I may be wired differently, but for me failure was never an option. Like I mentioned before, for me the career was more important than the location. I’ll admit I don’t understand too much today’s generations with a sense of entitlement that need everything handed in a platter.
What about his assertion says anyone is getting handed anything on a platter??

He’s talking about people that got hired like everyone else, CPC’d like everyone else and filed ERR packages and waited like everyone else.. and if they wait several years and aren’t picked up they quit and wait even longer. Where’s the entitlement there? Were you that much of a cantankerously miserable fuck at N90 that you think everyone should want to work level 12 traffic or they’re essentially not cut out for this job?

Might I remind you that the difference in how traffic is handled even procedurally between low, mid and high level facilities is quite vast. That said, it should be obvious that not all facility tiers are for everyone. Because frankly this, “quitting rather than working level 12 traffic shows a lack of ability/confidence” when it could be someone’s ticket to a better facility is some of the most smooth-brain shit I’ve read on here.

I tried emailing her and calling, no answer. Also reached out to D. P….and she wasnt even aware of my DQ aside from being marked down as “pending”

Last I heard from them was that nothing was asked, and even if they did, they obviously didnt take it into consideration. They have been trying to help me but its been hard for them to get a hold of someone as well.
Sounds like an open/shut lawsuit for illegal hiring practices then if what’s been said about including them for consideration is true.

Back
Top Bottom