Resignation and Re-entry

First thing first get in touch with HR regarding direct hire, you're going to have to educate ATMs regarding it. Most don't know it is a hiring pathway. Also there are a few forums on here with people who have gone through/ are in the process. Check those out, might help.

The process has been pretty easy. You will definitely need to promote yourself to the ATM of the facility you desire. The required documents are a resume, initial appointment SF-50, termination SF-50 from leaving the FAA to show the one year time, your ratings and a current SF-50 if you have one. Submit it to the ATM then they send it up to ATO. The ATO will then approve/deny. If approved they send it to HR to issue TOL. My HR rep (same I had 3 years ago) worked very fast. She sent me a TOL then called to make sure I sent it back so I could get a CIL the same day. Now I’m currently scheduled for drug test, medical, MMPI all within a day of getting my TOL. I got my TOL about 2 weeks after submitting my package

So people are deliberately quitting, waiting a year, then reapplying so they can move facilities?
Smart move, some people have no other options. If you have something to do in the meantime it’s not that bad. Or can apply for other government jobs doing whatever, something to kill time while you still accrue the pension.

So people are deliberately quitting, waiting a year, then reapplying so they can move facilities?
I didn’t transfer for this reason, just happened to all work out this way. But yes some people do it intentionally to get where they want. I didn’t plan on going back FAA

I didn’t transfer for this reason, just happened to all work out this way. But yes some people do it intentionally to get where they want. I didn’t plan on going back FAA
Curiosity killed the cat...want to spill the beans on which facility you have a TOL from, after waiting the year?

Back
Top Bottom