Restricted areas

Mc15

We have 2 restricted areas in our airspace. The military activated them up to fl260 as long as they give center an hour notice. Anybody else here work under those conditions or do they have to request the area to be released to them by each affected facility? Asking because we had 1 way in and out of the airport today and it was directly over the restricted area. Also who owns the airspace over the restricted area, controlling facility or military agency?

We have 2 restricted areas in our airspace. The military activated them up to fl260 as long as they give center an hour notice. Anybody else here work under those conditions or do they have to request the area to be released to them by each affected facility? Asking because we had 1 way in and out of the airport today and it was directly over the restricted area. Also who owns the airspace over the restricted area, controlling facility or military agency?
Jurisdiction of airspace should be delineated in LOAs of who the controlling and using agency is. 7610.4 and 7110.65 speak a little more on responsibility of each agency but how the LOA is written would be what ultimately determines who has control

Jurisdiction of airspace should be delineated in LOAs of who the controlling and using agency is. 7610.4 and 7110.65 speak a little more on responsibility of each agency but how the LOA is written would be what ultimately determines who has control
Lol the loa is with the center, so they literally give away our airspace without coordinating with us at all

Restricted area for us is coordinated via range and us. We own the airspace up to a certain limit. Center “gives” us the airspace. When the altitude goes above our airspace limit, the RANGE is supposed to call them and coordinate. Hour in advance at least. MOAs are adjacent to the restricted areas and center is the controlling agency on that, they pretty much say “hey they’re active now” “oh okay let me turn all the traffic the other way now.”
We have an LOA with center and Range for the restricted areas and it details what it’s used for and how to coordinate information.

We had a MOA that went up to 230 and had to request it from the above center sector as we only owned up to 8000.
We had a MOA up to 230 that had to be requested from the above center sector as we only owned up to 8000. Center sector still owned the airspace above the MOA.

We had a MOA that went up to 230 and had to request it from the above center sector as we only owned up to 8000.

We had a MOA up to 230 that had to be requested from the above center sector as we only owned up to 8000. Center sector still owned the airspace above the MOA.
The moas are different, they have to request that.

Restricted area for us is coordinated via range and us. We own the airspace up to a certain limit. Center “gives” us the airspace. When the altitude goes above our airspace limit, the RANGE is supposed to call them and coordinate. Hour in advance at least. MOAs are adjacent to the restricted areas and center is the controlling agency on that, they pretty much say “hey they’re active now” “oh okay let me turn all the traffic the other way now.”
We have an LOA with center and Range for the restricted areas and it details what it’s used for and how to coordinate information.
That’s what I’ve seen. Typically center is the controlling agency which would give them the right to take back any airspace the RA encompasses at anytime, i.e. bad weather, medevac, emergency, etc. I have never seen them do such but the way I read the publications it sounds like they can

Back
Top Bottom