Rich Santa - Can Anyone Control NATCA Spending?

CFS is overall a good event. It can be improved, but having it annually is a good idea.
It might be a good event, but it has little to zero ROI.

I'm willing to steel-man your position and assume it's an amazing event that somehow also has a measurable ROI of some kind (let's say it's partially responsible for the OJTI pay MOU). When should an "amazing" event take financial priority over using that same money for negotiating a better contract? Is it worthy of running a deficit for?

It might be a good event, but it has little to zero ROI.

I'm willing to steel-man your position and assume it's an amazing event that somehow also has a measurable ROI of some kind (let's say it's partially responsible for the OJTI pay MOU). When should an "amazing" event take financial priority over using that same money for negotiating a better contract? Is it worthy of running a deficit for?
There are a LOT of places the union can save money. Even CFS - get rid of the big union funded parties after.

The key thing he said is that NATCA is now spending more than what they bring in for the first time. This will set off alarm bells for them even though I’m sure they have millions in reserves.

But that shows the 2% or whoever who quit made an impact. Imagine how much an impact it will be if they extend the slate book and 20% leave?
I don't think that's what he said. He said for the first time ever they haven't put aside money for the convention in an off-year for the convention.

Regarding reserves:

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
CFS is overall a good event. It can be improved, but having it annually is a good idea.
Not trying to attack you, just curious.

What has CFS brought to the average controller that didn’t get leave to go to it? I’ve been in for a decade, and staffing has never been worse and pay sucks. Why doesn’t ALPA pay for CFS since their members who all work 10-15 days a month just got 40% raises?

I’ve never understood why it’s a NATCA hosted event. It’s just another boondoggle for the same union scammers to get out and have a good time on your dime while they pretend that they’re ATCers.

What has CFS brought to the average controller that didn’t get leave to go to it? I’ve been in for a decade, and staffing has never been worse and pay sucks. Why doesn’t ALPA pay for CFS since their members who all work 10-15 days a month just got 40% raises?

I’ve never understood why it’s a NATCA hosted event. It’s just another boondoggle for the same union scammers to get out and have a good time on your dime while they pretend that they’re ATCers.
Anyone can go to CFS. I realize you don't know me from Adam, but I am not a scammer by anyone's definition. Bid the time off when you bid leave in the fall. Prior to going, coordinate with management to convert your annual leave for it to admin leave or off-site detail or whatever.

Our career has gone backwards with all of the things NATCA is claiming is so important.

Collaboration, CFS, yacht outings…and pay has never been worse lmfao

Back
Top Bottom