Ridiculous Hardships

incorrect, although it certainly wasn’t anything like we have today. In fact the first President to make it mandatory for a group of people to carry health insurance was....George Washington and requiring shipowners to purchase health insurance for their sailors, and 8 years later congress amended it to an INDIVIDUAL mandate requiring sailors to purchase their own medical insurance.

That's not an equivalency to the establishment we use for healthcare today as you said, the comparison is poor at best. That like comparing the necessity of infrastructure today to the times back then. Like I've said I believe what it's become today is an interest of the federal government along with the General Welfare clause. Healthcare in my opinion should be a right due to the general welfare of the people being of interest to the federal government and hence constitutional in funding due to the general elfare clause.

I mean at one point in time is was mandated for people to own firearms, but look at how we've swayed.

What we really need is a constitutional convention so we can update this 250 year old document. Natca updates their constitution every year. And we arguing about what Ben Franklin thought about spinal surgery

What we really need is a constitutional convention so we can update this 250 year old document. Natca updates their constitution every year. And we arguing about what Ben Franklin thought about spinal surgery

Ben Franklin argued that the constitution should have to be re-written every 19 years so the next generation isn’t saddled with the desires of the previous

Amendments are probably the most constitutional part of the constitution, next to collecting taxes.
Too bad we’ll probably never see one again given how divided we are.

I would like to start by taking more money from billionaires that pay a lower tax rate than you and I
They dont pay a lower tax rate than us bro. They don't have "income." You think Berkshire Hathaway pays Warren Buffett a fat fuckin paycheck and he does his taxes in April and the IRS is looking at his W2 like a thicc ass snack like "DAAAM SON YA DON FUKT UP NOW! U OWE US $13b IN INCOME TAX!"

That ain't how rich people make their money my guy.

They dont pay a lower tax rate than us bro. They don't have "income." You think Berkshire Hathaway pays Warren Buffett a fat fuckin paycheck and he does his taxes in April and the IRS is looking at his W2 like a thicc ass snack like "DAAAM SON YA DON FUKT UP NOW! U OWE US $13b IN INCOME TAX!"

That ain't how rich people make their money my guy.
Investment gains should be treated as normal income

Is this back when America was great the first time?? ?
I think that's the oddest phrase ever, completely disregards comparative countries. Sure MAGA is a stupid phrase, but to be willing to belittle your own country which has such potential to strive for great things, yet shit upon everyone who has tried to protect and influence the concept of it at the same time for the greater.

Ben Franklin argued that the constitution should have to be re-written every 19 years so the next generation isn’t saddled with the desires of the previous

fuck baby boomers and their social security. It’s like 25 percent of the entire federal budget, more than the military and that doesn’t include their healthcare they receive. I’ll take my 6.2 percent raise Plus what I’ve already paid please and never need to collect later and my parents generation can die in abject poverty because they were irresponsible with unprecedented economic growth and opportunity. There goes our deficient as well as our unsustainable obligations.

I think that's the oddest phrase ever, completely disregards comparative countries. Sure MAGA is a stupid phrase, but to be willing to belittle your own country which has such potential to strive for great things, yet shit upon everyone who has tried to protect and influence the concept of it at the same time for the greater.

not catching on the sarcasm there much are ya? Besides, from 1776 til the late 60’s the US was on par with 1930’s Germany.

not catching on the sarcasm there much are ya? Besides, from 1776 til the late 60’s the US was on par with 1930’s Germany.

The funniest part of history is people who utilize it without context. Just about every country in 1776 to modern times was similar to 1930s Germany.

Don’t care. Too much wealth is being transferred to the rich. If their primary form of income is investing they need to pay taxes. If amazon is going to drive 100,000 trucks on the road they sure as fuck need to pay taxes.

also get rid of quarterly earnings and get companies to start thinking longer term.
You only get taxed on realized gains. Net worth =/= expendable income. A company’s valuation =/= cash in hand. Income tax is based on net income. The reason companies like Amazon have the “don’t pay taxes” narrative is that they are reinvesting money back into their own company & infrastructures. Amazon isn’t just an online marketplace anymore. AWS provides lots of logistical data that will continue to help innovation across multiple sectors, including healthcare, that will actually drive those costs downward. You know what else they do? They purchase new vans, trailers and trucks. In doing so, they pay thousands in sales tax and hundreds in vehicle registration on each of them, plus a TON of fuel (see: gas tax). That supports the local infrastructure they utilize, which is far more important than the federal one. Plus, they pay payroll taxes, equal to what comes out of the individual’s paycheck. So get outta here with that psychobabble that they “don’t pay taxes.”
I do agree with SharkBait that the larger government is the reason we’re in this position in the first place, but I’m not on the same “taxation is theft” train. There’s a difference between being a safety net and a provider. The government should be a safety net in an absolute worst case scenario, not a provider for those who choose not to earn a living.

Back
Top Bottom