Ridiculous Hardships

We already have single payer healthcare with the VA, Medicare, and Medicaid. What’s the problem with adding the rest of the people? There isn’t one.
Don't know if you heard about the horrendous care at the VA, in the end the rich will always get better care, it's the benefit of being rich. The poor will always get subpar care, look at Canada for instance.

Why do you think it’s okay for rich people to not pay taxes? It’s not free to live here
They do pay taxes, probably a thousand times more than you or I when it comes to total dollar amount. How many times do they use the same tax payer funded things as you and I? The same amount as an average citizen I would imagine.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Since it seems so many of the west coasters on here like yourself, CF, and 32andBelow believe it's a right, I think it would be great to see a state like California with such a wealthy tax base and so many wealthy liberals implement universal healthcare at the state level. Just raise the taxes necessary and all residents will be cared for. They can go ahead and experiment and show the rest of the country how it's done, just like they're going to make uber and lyft drivers full time employees with benefits and set schedules LOL! I'd give it 5 years max before the entire system collapsed and maybe the rest of the country would wise up before they too made the same colossal mistake on a national scale.

If only there was a military that operated 800 bases across 70 countries that could be brought home and downsized in order to do what they were legitimately meant to do. That money could be spent somewhere else...

It's like you don't think funds are massively misappropriated and spent on the wrong things that don't serve the interest of the people...

Honestly, as a an afghan vet, we're in a lot of places we shouldn't be and could save massive amounts of money. The only reason I remember going to Subic Bay was...things...

They do pay taxes, probably a thousand times more than you or I when it comes to total dollar amount. How many times do they use the same tax payer funded things as you and I? The same amount as an average citizen I would imagine.
Our tax system is graduated. You make more you pay more. It’s not the dollar amount you pay.

you don’t think Jeff bezos or amazon uses more infrastructure than you or I?

Our tax system is graduated. You make more you pay more. It’s not the dollar amount you pay.

you don’t think Jeff bezos or amazon uses more infrastructure than you or I?
I understand how the tax system works, that's why I deferentiated from rate to dollar. Jeff bezos is not Amazon, he owns it. Amazon is incentivised to bring jobs to low tax areas by the local government. That's why Tesla is building in Texas and Amazon didn't choose new york. It's quid pro quo, you bring jobs and you pay less tax. You can take business courses that explain all of this if your really interested, but I would assume your business degree from CNN or twitter is just as good.

I understand how the tax system works, that's why I deferentiated from rate to dollar. Jeff bezos is not Amazon, he owns it. Amazon is incentivised to bring jobs to low tax areas by the local government. That's why Tesla is building in Texas and Amazon didn't choose new york. It's quid pro quo, you bring jobs and you pay less tax. You can take business courses that explain all of this if your really interested, but I would assume your business degree from CNN or twitter is just as good.
We we talking about federal taxes. Companies can’t continue to pay zero in federal taxes.

Healthcare was not a thing in the 1700s of the Americas

incorrect, although it certainly wasn’t anything like we have today. In fact the first President to make it mandatory for a group of people to carry health insurance was....George Washington and requiring shipowners to purchase health insurance for their sailors, and 8 years later congress amended it to an INDIVIDUAL mandate requiring sailors to purchase their own medical insurance.

If only there was a military that operated 800 bases across 70 countries that could be brought home and downsized in order to do what they were legitimately meant to do. That money could be spent somewhere else...

It's like you don't think funds are massively misappropriated and spent on the wrong things that don't serve the interest of the people...

Honestly, as a an afghan vet, we're in a lot of places we shouldn't be and could save massive amounts of money. The only reason I remember going to Subic Bay was...things...
Hey, we found something we agree on but 2 wrongs don't make you right. I believe in non-interventionism and there is no reason our military should be nearly the size it is. The military should be primarily about defending the homeland, not policing the world. The problem is even if you cut the $750B military budget to 0, the federal budget deficit would still be $250B and that was before covid. This FY I believe we're looking at budget deficits in the $3-4 Trillion range and no signs of slowing up. I think all federal spending needs to be cut. We have been getting more government than we've paid for which is how we're $26.8T in debt.

We we talking about federal taxes. Companies can’t continue to pay zero in federal taxes.
I agree with you to an extent that we absolutely need to close up the tax loopholes. I don't really think long term gains/dividends should be taxed at a lesser rate. Generally speaking, income taxes are bad because they disincentive people from working more and being productive. I like more of a consumption tax. I'm thinking something like eliminate the income tax and implement a 17-20% national sales tax. Everyone gets a card where their first $1k each month is tax free and after that, you pay 17%. Then people would incentivized to earn income, poor people wouldn't be negatively taxed, and excess consumption would be discouraged. Then when Bezos buys a G6 or a yacht, he can't avoid the taxes. Same with drug dealers, drug dealers, money launderers, under the table workers, waiters/strippers who only report like half their income, etc...

BTW, what do you think happens to companies who pay taxes? It's just double taxation on the shareholders. You want them to tax the profits they make, then tax the dividends they pay out. Also, Bezos and Musk and all these other dudes are only rich af on paper. They own shit tons of shares in their own companies. If they sold the stock and realized the gains, they would be taxed on it but if the stock market collapsed to 0 tomorrow, they'd lose it all. Referencing my post yesterday, you can thank the Fed for inflating the stock market bubble to make them "worth" hundreds of billions of dollars.

Hey, we found something we agree on but 2 wrongs don't make you right. I believe in non-interventionism and there is no reason our military should be nearly the size it is. The military should be primarily about defending the homeland, not policing the world. The problem is even if you cut the $750B military budget to 0, the federal budget deficit would still be $250B and that was before covid. This FY I believe we're looking at budget deficits in the $3-4 Trillion range and no signs of slowing up. I think all federal spending needs to be cut. We have been getting more government than we've paid for which is how we're $26.8T in debt.

I agree with you to an extent that we absolutely need to close up the tax loopholes. I don't really think long term gains/dividends should be taxed at a lesser rate. Generally speaking, income taxes are bad because they disincentive people from working more and being productive. I like more of a consumption tax. I'm thinking something like eliminate the income tax and implement a 17-20% national sales tax. Everyone gets a card where their first $1k each month is tax free and after that, you pay 17%. Then people would incentivized to earn income, poor people wouldn't be negatively taxed, and excess consumption would be discouraged. Then when Bezos buys a G6 or a yacht, he can't avoid the taxes. Same with drug dealers, drug dealers, money launderers, under the table workers, waiters/strippers who only report like half their income, etc...

BTW, what do you think happens to companies who pay taxes? It's just double taxation on the shareholders. You want them to tax the profits they make, then tax the dividends they pay out. Also, Bezos and Musk and all these other dudes are only rich af on paper. They own shit tons of shares in their own companies. If they sold the stock and realized the gains, they would be taxed on it but if the stock market collapsed to 0 tomorrow, they'd lose it all. Referencing my post yesterday, you can thank the Fed for inflating the stock market bubble to make them "worth" hundreds of billions of dollars.
Don’t care. Too much wealth is being transferred to the rich. If their primary form of income is investing they need to pay taxes. If amazon is going to drive 100,000 trucks on the road they sure as fuck need to pay taxes.

also get rid of quarterly earnings and get companies to start thinking longer term.

Back
Top Bottom