RTF RTF format change

westonsmith4

As of now, the format of all RTF classes have changed. New classes no longer take Performance Evaluations and will no longer be assigned a score. As a replacement, RTF students now have 3 skill checks and "targeted training senarios" are assigned as a result of those skill checks.

To my knowledge, TSEW classes are unchanged.

Source - first hand account.

Correct. In the event there's a new-hire coming through for RTF I think they will still be on the previous Performance Assessment criteria.
Heard a rumor that the Academy is trying to get a new-hire class put together for the New York area, but there's hoops to jump through to make that happen.

Correct. In the event there's a new-hire coming through for RTF I think they will still be on the previous Performance Assessment criteria.
Heard a rumor that the Academy is trying to get a new-hire class put together for the New York area, but there's hoops to jump through to make that happen.

I have no knowledge of specific pass - fail classes; as far as I know, all RTF classes regardless of background will be "workshop style" thus not graded and no career Jeopardy.

Last edited:
When I went through in a new hire RTF class in 2015, it was pass/fail. I was told that all new hires must have one career jeopardy class.

That was the case in 2015, but not today. I was in class with a few direct hires (first time in Okc) who got the same treatment as everyone else. You leave Okc with a bunch of -25 forms documenting everything you did wrong but no numerical score of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom