Save Pay: Career Progression/Career Enhancement

Huntin_GI

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
There is currently an understanding amongst the OS's at my fac that CP would result in Pay Retention for life. Is there any truth to this? It is my understanding if you take a position that qualifies as CP but that facility is say 3 levels below your current level, you would simply move to the top of the band.

We had someone recently turn down a job because they would have saved pay for a little then went to the top of the band and took a pay cut. Makes no sense to save pay for life, wouldn't people just go be a supe or something at a 12 then go to a low facility to have high pay/easy work?

Speaking of career progression and all, how much can you negotiate? Is HR pretty strict on the pay tables if you were to go CPC to a supe/staff support job?

I believe you keep pay for 3 years or something then move to the top of band. Not entirely sure either

Doesn’t really answer your question, but I know taking an OS job that’s more than 3 levels below your current level is considered career enhancement and not career progression, and in that case you save pay for 3 years then go to the top of the band.

I’m not sure of a case where it would be considered career progression if your current pay is higher than the top of the band of the new job, but I guess it’s possible.

I saw a chart a few years ago that outlined all of this, but I have been unable to find it since.
It listed all the moves.
CPC to TMC
CPC to OS
TMC to OS and so on...

I saw a chart a few years ago that outlined all of this, but I have been unable to find it since.
It listed all the moves.
CPC to TMC
CPC to OS
TMC to OS and so on...
We have the giant chart hanging up in our facility. I'll have to take a picture of it.

Back
Top Bottom