Gaum Bid Questions

FloopThePig

Looks like the Guam bid I've been waiting for is finally out . Firstly if you're a fac rep there or know the fac rep, please PM me.

I'm wondering if all this is still true from a previous comment years ago:

Move - paid move, don't box up anything. Movers come to your house, box up everything for you and ship it over there. They also ship one car. It's the same on the back end. The pay for all the flights for your family to and from the island.

Finding a place to stay - They no longer offer base housing, you're responsible for finding housing. They do put you up in a 5 star hotel for 2 months while you find a place, it can be extended to 4 months by simply saying, I haven't found a place yet.

Island life - If you're a person who needs chain restaurants and grocery stores, you're gonna have a bad time. You can expect to pay a premium for necessities like milk, food, gas, etc.

Pay - You have three multipliers, locality (15.06%) , Post Differential (11.78%), and Cola(13.22%). In total the band minimum is around 110k after all the incentives.

Return Rights - The only thing you're guaranteed in writing is return rights to your region at or below the highest level you've worked. In practice, people are able to get to desirable locations they might not otherwise be able to. After two years you give them a list of your top 3 facilities. He said no one since he's been there hasn't gotten 1 of their top 3.

Contract - You sign a 3 year contract. If you elect to stay each contract you sign following is for 2 years.

Home Leave - You get 15 days (work days so 120 hours of leave) of home leave per year. You can only use it if you sign for an additional 2 years. If you do, they pay for the flights for you and your family to and from Guam to wherever you're from. Basically after 3 years that's 45 days or 9 weeks of free leave. If you sign on for two more years you basically get a free summer vacation.

Operation - You're a combined TRACON/Center working a certain radius around Guam.

Also, am I eligible if my facility currently can't release for NCEPT?

Looks like the Guam bid I've been waiting for is finally out . Firstly if you're a fac rep there or know the fac rep, please PM me.

I'm wondering if all this is still true from a previous comment years ago:

Move - paid move, don't box up anything. Movers come to your house, box up everything for you and ship it over there. They also ship one car. It's the same on the back end. The pay for all the flights for your family to and from the island.

Finding a place to stay - They no longer offer base housing, you're responsible for finding housing. They do put you up in a 5 star hotel for 2 months while you find a place, it can be extended to 4 months by simply saying, I haven't found a place yet.

Island life - If you're a person who needs chain restaurants and grocery stores, you're gonna have a bad time. You can expect to pay a premium for necessities like milk, food, gas, etc.

Pay - You have three multipliers, locality (15.06%) , Post Differential (11.78%), and Cola(13.22%). In total the band minimum is around 110k after all the incentives.

Return Rights - The only thing you're guaranteed in writing is return rights to your region at or below the highest level you've worked. In practice, people are able to get to desirable locations they might not otherwise be able to. After two years you give them a list of your top 3 facilities. He said no one since he's been there hasn't gotten 1 of their top 3.

Contract - You sign a 3 year contract. If you elect to stay each contract you sign following is for 2 years.

Home Leave - You get 15 days (work days so 120 hours of leave) of home leave per year. You can only use it if you sign for an additional 2 years. If you do, they pay for the flights for you and your family to and from Guam to wherever you're from. Basically after 3 years that's 45 days or 9 weeks of free leave. If you sign on for two more years you basically get a free summer vacation.

Operation - You're a combined TRACON/Center working a certain radius around Guam.
You can just call the facility number posted and ask for the NATCA office number to get in touch with the fac rep.

It says the releasing facility has to be a cat 1 or 2 facility. So if your facility is red it’s a no go.
That’s great. They are even closing the Guam tour for 3 years and using return rights to get out of your black hole facility. If I’m at AFW I could choose to go to Guam or wait for the next NCEPT and go to DFW or DEN. Tough choices.

That’s great. They are even closing the Guam tour for 3 years and using return rights to get out of your black hole facility. If I’m at AFW I could choose to go to Guam or wait for the next NCEPT and go to DFW or DEN. Tough choices.
Unless the staffing is shit then they can keep you according to what I read.

I'm about ready to give up with this transfer process 😮‍💨

It says the releasing facility has to be a cat 1 or 2 facility. So if your facility is red it’s a no go.
This is so aggravating. Every sliver of hope of leaving my facility gets crushed by "you don't have the staffing to let anyone go".

An opportunity like this sounds really cool to experience opportunity I wouldn't have otherwise to experience island life and visit the closer Asian countries too, but this transfer process keeps fucking everything up.

This is so aggravating. Every sliver of hope of leaving my facility gets crushed by "you don't have the staffing to let anyone go".

An opportunity like this sounds really cool to experience opportunity I wouldn't have otherwise to experience island life and visit the closer Asian countries too, but this transfer process keeps fucking everything up.
This is all by design

This isn’t a new policy though, it’s been that way since ncept. The loophole is if your SWB shows you can release at the time the bid closes, you are eligible, even if the very next week someone got picked up on the panel

Back
Top Bottom