Schedules

Sounds to me you've only been at country club facilities... Where I am now has ping pong and pool table in the ability to go outside but my previous facility it was the break room with one TV and that was it. We were excited when we got a cornhole set. Definitely no music room Or going home on break.
If it's something enough of the controllers want, you can all just chip some money in and buy whatever you want, space permitting. It's not the FAA's responsibility to provide entertainment.

Sounds to me you've only been at country club facilities... Where I am now has ping pong and pool table in the ability to go outside but my previous facility it was the break room with one TV and that was it. We were excited when we got a cornhole set. Definitely no music room Or going home on break.
When I said "Some" it's a collection of the 20+ facilities I've toured, not a single facility. I've certainly never seen anything as awful as what you described as your first facility. You really didn't have anything in a NATCA office? No computer, nothing?

If it's something enough of the controllers want, you can all just chip some money in and buy whatever you want, space permitting. It's not the FAA's responsibility to provide entertainment.
This. Also if your Local Union cares at all about your quality of life while on break, there's a lot they can do.

What facility was that?

When I said "Some" it's a collection of the 20+ facilities I've toured, not a single facility. I've certainly never seen anything as awful as what you described as your first facility. You really didn't have anything in a NATCA office? No computer, nothing?

This. Also if your Local Union cares at all about your quality of life while on break, there's a lot they can do.
I guess I exaggerated... We had two NATCA computers, and a fenced in "jail yard" where planes taxiied past every few minutes. Shortly before I left we got a corn hole set. Now they got rid of some lockers and have an activity room with shuffleboard, but not when I was there.

I guess I exaggerated... We had two NATCA computers, and a fenced in "jail yard" where planes taxiied past every few minutes. Shortly before I left we got a corn hole set. Now they got rid of some lockers and have an activity room with shuffleboard, but not when I was there.
I was at a facility that just had a break room with TV. No NATCA computers in the building, only FAA. New facility built in the mid 2000s, I thought it was fine.

Current facility has tv with cable, WiFi, two recliners, foldable table with FAA computer and a NATCA surface laptop in the break room. Also there is a super old basketball hoop in the parking lot. Cooking stuff is upstairs in the cab.

We have a smoking room at N90, a break room with a bunch of nasty couches and a tv, a game room with pool and ping pong and an Xbox that someone donated, a cafeteria with questionable food, and an outdoor "zen garden" .

We have a break room with 2 really nice reclining couches. It has 2 microwaves, oven, fridge, and a tv with dish... One guy brought his apple tv so we can cast Netflix and stuff to the TV.
Other person brings his PlayStation and sets it up in the conference room when its available.

Back
Top Bottom