Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, just because people apply doesn’t mean they are qualified. There is a reason out of 15k applicants much fewer are hired to even go to the academy to fail training.

Don't ever assume that you're essential or irreplaceable. There are many reasons for the staffing shortage, among them the agency's incredibly inefficient hiring, and training process, but make no mistake, if tomorrow you don't show up, planes will keep on taking off and landing everywhere like you never existed.

It takes years and years and years to get through facility training programs. The faa has zero urgency to expedite this. There’s absolutely no reason to hire more people if the faa doesn’t even hire enough instructors to train them
I don’t disagree with that, but that doesn’t negate the fact that thousands of applicants changes anything which was my original point.
Don't ever assume that you're essential or irreplaceable. There are many reasons for the staffing shortage, among them the agency's incredibly inefficient hiring, and training process, but make no mistake, if tomorrow you don't show up, planes will keep on taking off and landing everywhere like you never existed.
There’s no disillusionment that I, or anyone else, is irreplaceable. I just didn’t agree with the statement of the “average joe at McDonald’s” statement.

I don’t disagree with that, but that doesn’t negate the fact that thousands of applicants changes anything which was my original point.

There’s no disillusionment that I, or anyone else, is irreplaceable. I just didn’t agree with the statement of the “average joe at McDonald’s” statement.
That’s fair. Screw McDonald’s man anyways I’m more of a Wendy’s baconator guy myself lol.

How anyone can take AOC seriously anymore is beyond me.
I mean Republicans have been taking Mitch McConnell seriously for 40ish years now, so much so he's the party leader in the senate and he has had very different things to say on everything from government spending to selecting Supreme Court justices in an election year depending on who's in office. It's Washington politics as usual, and at least there's no outright grift going on in her virtue signaling at the border.

I don't see why you are shocked about this, or she's any less of a joke than the people who have stayed in office for multiple terms doing the same shit on both sides of the aisle. The big joke is the American public, who continue to lap the bullshit up.

Faux outrage political tribalism bullshit is dumb, as are the people who buy into it.

Does anybody
Speaking of inefficient hiring, does anybody know if the hiring process gets delayed if the shutdown happens? Me and a couple people I know are waiting on lists just trying to see if we can expect to get screwed a bit more.

Does anybody

Speaking of inefficient hiring, does anybody know if the hiring process gets delayed if the shutdown happens? Me and a couple people I know are waiting on lists just trying to see if we can expect to get screwed a bit more.
Yes. Nonessential workers go home. HR is not essential, acad workers are non essential as well ifni remember correctly. I was delayed months back in the day because of sequestration.

Just you wait you aren't even in the agency yet. Everything you've experienced in the hiring process is foreplay, you haven't even gotten the tip of that long, girthy faa peen yet.

Yes. Nonessential workers go home. HR is not essential, acad workers are non essential as well ifni remember correctly. I was delayed months back in the day because of sequestration.

Just you wait you aren't even in the agency yet. Everything you've experienced in the hiring process is foreplay, you haven't even gotten the tip of that long, girthy faa peen yet.
That’s what I figured thanks. No point in working for free to get people to facilities when they might be sending trainees and real bodies home. I expect nothing else from the government. At least they’ll pay me well while they give it to me.

That’s what I figured thanks. No point in working for free to get people to facilities when they might be sending trainees and real bodies home. I expect nothing else from the government. At least they’ll pay me well while they give it to me.
no you see they don’t work. Then they get all their pay back

How anyone can take AOC seriously anymore is beyond me.
I think people take her seriously because of her counterparts that exist on the far right. People like your boy Paul Gosar, who objected to Arizona's electors on January 6th and then championed a 5-month audit in Arizona that actually found 261 FEWER votes for Donald Trump. Unprecedented levels of self-own. The far left is a joke but the far right is Def Comedy Jam. Miss me with that logical fallacy bullshit in advance please and thank you.

image_6487327.JPG

I mean Republicans have been taking Mitch McConnell seriously for 40ish years now, so much so he's the party leader in the senate and he has had very different things to say on everything from government spending to selecting Supreme Court justices in an election year depending on who's in office. It's Washington politics as usual, and at least there's no outright grift going on in her virtue signaling at the border.

I don't see why you are shocked about this, or she's any less of a joke than the people who have stayed in office for multiple terms doing the same shit on both sides of the aisle. The big joke is the American public, who continue to lap the bullshit up.

Faux outrage political tribalism bullshit is dumb, as are the people who buy into it.

I appreciate the last line here, but people should still be held accountable for their hypocrisy.

I think people take her seriously because of her counterparts that exist on the far right. People like your boy Paul Gosar, who objected to Arizona's electors on January 6th and then championed a 5-month audit in Arizona that actually found 261 FEWER votes for Donald Trump. Unprecedented levels of self-own. The far left is a joke but the far right is Def Comedy Jam. Miss me with that logical fallacy bullshit in advance please and thank you.

View attachment 6787

Mitch sucks and so does AOC. Anyone that is hardcore attached to one party has never created an original thought in their brain. Against mandate=republican is not true, nor does environmentalism=democrat.

If Trump was in office and pushed the mandate the same way biden has, I would have the EXACT same thoughts about it (as I have previously posted).

Hooray for freedom! :rolleyes:

Only watched a bit of it. So these people, if they had gotten the vax, would have been fine, guaranteed? Has anyone, fully vaxxed, gotten covid and died from it?

The J&J shot (yes I know there are other vaccines I could "choose") HAS killed, read the CDC website on that vax specifically. Does a person killed by that vax wish they wouldn't have gotten the shot? Can't ask 'em.

Following for those vaxxed, or not.
From experience, first of all, get as healthy as you can be (like weight). Secondly, If any of you get COVID19, and you feel like you are going to die, go to the ER. If you DO NOT feel like death is imminent, keep your ass moving! Heard this directly from several nurses and one doc, after I discussed my experience once I got better. They have seen many people go to the hospital, be admitted, and get worse. Not much to do in the hospital but lie around.

I took a slow day, rested as much as I could and got worse. I got moving, as in, moving around as if I wasn't sick. Doing chores, talking a walk, MOVING. And it sucked hugely, but that is when I slowly started to get better.

Last edited:
Only watched a bit of it. So these people, if they had gotten the vax, would have been fine, guaranteed? Has anyone, fully vaxxed, gotten covid and died from it?

The J&J shot (yes I know there are other vaccines I could "choose") HAS killed, read the CDC website on that vax specifically. Does a person killed by that vax wish they wouldn't have gotten the shot? Can't ask 'em.

Following for those vaxxed, or not.
From experience, first of all, get as healthy as you can be (like weight). Secondly, If any of you get COVID19, and you feel like you are going to die, go to the ER. If you DO NOT feel like death is imminent, keep your ass moving! Heard this directly from several nurses and one doc, after I discussed my experience once I got better They have seen many people go to the hospital, be admitted, and get worse. Not much to do in the hospital but lie around.

I took a slow day, rested as much as I could and got worse. I got moving, as in, moving around as if I wasn't sick. Doing chores, talking a walk, MOVING. And it sucked hugely, but that is when I slowly started to get better.
Would have been fine? Not sure..maybe. The only thing that's guaranteed is that they were NOT fine without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom