Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jews in Germany, segregated black people in the US and... uh... Federal employees with a pension who have to choose to get a vaccine.

Three of the most persecuted populations in history.
Not just fed employees, regular citizens also. Can you be more inclusive? There’s minorities and LGBTQIABC+- people who haven’t gotten the vax either

What if someone has a kid that is immunocompromised? The agency isn’t going to just give them indefinite time off
This is a valid point. But isn’t the transmission rate the same or similar in vaxed or unvaxed? If it is I think this point is moot. If not than I still believe there are accommodations that can be made for either party to ensure we can coexist, just like other environments.
Let’s pretend I have a child like you mentioned above and maybe I don’t want to be vaxed so therefore, I know when I’m sick and know to stay away as opposed to being vaccinated, be asymptotic and pass it to my child?? Just a thought.

Not just fed employees, regular citizens also. Can you be more inclusive? There’s minorities and LGBTQIABC+- people who haven’t gotten the vax either
More inclusive like using LGBTQIABC+-?

Also, part of the comparison was that there is a choice involved. Black people couldn't choose to be white during segregation. Yet here some "forsaken" are comparing their situation to that. The true cry babies, imo.

Enjoy your shot.

Thanks. But this vaccine really may not mean much to you or I but it clearly is a significant matter to quite a few and I thought as brothers, we have each other’s backs. What happens when there’s an issue worth fighting, that’s important to you? Wouldn’t you want the support?

It’s a two way street. If an unvaxxed person cared about their brothers and sisters, they’d get vaccinated to minimalism the chance of spreading a deadly to disease to one of their brothers or sisters

But isn’t the transmission rate the same or similar in vaxed or unvaxed?

Being vaxxed minimalises the chance of you catching it to be able to transmit it in the first place. An unvaxxed person is far more likely to get it, and therefore spread it, than a vaxxed person.

Being vaxxed minimalises the chance of you catching it to be able to transmit it in the first place. An unvaxxed person is far more likely to get it, and therefore spread it, than a vaxxed person.
Why are people still getting COVID when vaccinated?

I’m
More inclusive like using LGBTQIABC+-?

Also, part of the comparison was that there is a choice involved. Black people couldn't choose to be white during segregation. Yet here some "forsaken" are comparing their situation to that. The true cry babies, imo.

Enjoy your shot.
i didn’t chose to be born in an unvaccinated person’s body. I’m transvaxed babyyyyyyy

Attachments

• 3B7C6855-81F0-4D22-AE32-703890D783AD.jpeg
    3B7C6855-81F0-4D22-AE32-703890D783AD.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 9
Instead of arguing the merits of the far left being taken more seriously because of the nature of the far right you sent a link to a Wikipedia page on whattaboutism, a fallacy. Pointing out the existence of fallacies as a means of forming an argument is the ultimate fallacy. Do you not see the irony in what you do?

Oh boy, there must be another fire sale on straw this weekend.

Instead of arguing the merits of the far left being taken more seriously because of the nature of the far right

I don't have to argue that, because I never made that point. My point was, and I can literally quote here:

How anyone can take AOC seriously anymore is beyond me.

You twisting that into an entirely different argument is the literal definition of a straw man.

you sent a link to a Wikipedia page on whattaboutism, a fallacy.

Yeah, because that's literally what your post was. Let's read together, shall we?

Whataboutism or whataboutery (as in "what about…?") is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy, which attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving the argument

Your entire reply post can be rephrased as "Yeah AOC did that, but what about Republicans/Paul Gosar, since he's your boy?" Not only have I never made a post about Paul Gosar (search my post history bub), which is another straw man, your post is clear whataboutism. At least our Sooner friend ended his whataboutism post with a valid point about hypocrisy on both major sides, but yours was just 100% Grade A Whataboutism.

Pointing out the existence of fallacies as a means of forming an argument is the ultimate fallacy. Do you not see the irony in what you do?

Ironically (pun intended), I think it's you who don't see the irony here. I made a point, you made a fallacy that wasn't a counter-argument, I pointed out that fallacy because I had no counter-argument to argue against, and instead of acknowledging your fallacy and coming up with a counter-argument to my first point, you doubled down and did exactly what this last quote describes.

Some of you folks wear me out so much.

If you are asymptotic aren’t you more likely to bring it to work (unknowingly)and spread it then someone who has symptoms and chooses to stay home?
For the record, this is a legitimate question. I feel that thanks to the vaccine, I’m more likely to spread it then someone who is unvaxed because they become aware of their condition and can quarantine themselves.

If you are asymptotic aren’t you more likely to bring it to work (unknowingly)and spread it then someone who has symptoms and chooses to stay home?
For the record, this is a legitimate question. I feel that thanks to the vaccine, I’m more likely to spread it then someone who is unvaxed because they become aware of their condition and can quarantine themselves.
Well your health care thoughts aren’t reality. When we have a lower chance of catching it in the first place. You have a lower chance of spreading it.

Even if the vaccine was only 25% effective (which it’s not) your immediately have a 25% lower chance of spreading it.

People have been spreading it prior to getting symptoms the whole time so that whole idea doesn’t make much sense

I truly believe this is what’s going on today. This sucker is endemic, and we’re not going to vax it away, period. We’ll be able to vax for some variants, sure, but mutations will go on and on. But a lot of people are already brainwashed in their beliefs, and boy we sure want to create a group of second-class citizens. Segregation and Nazi germany are perfect examples of how evil mankind can be to one another. But it is 2021, everyone’s a genius, and there are no lessons to learn from history anymore.

I truly believe this is what’s going on today. This sucker is endemic, and we’re not going to vax it away, period. We’ll be able to vax for some variants, sure, but mutations will go on and on. But a lot of people are already brainwashed in their beliefs, and boy we sure want to create a group of second-class citizens. Segregation and Nazi germany are perfect examples of how evil mankind can be to one another. But it is 2021, everyone’s a genius, and there are no lessons to learn from history anymore.
Imagine comparing having to choose to get a vaccine and the Holocaust. How insulting. You guys win the gold in Mental Gymnastics at the Suffering Olympics.

Imagine comparing having to choose to get a vaccine and the Holocaust. How insulting. You guys win the gold in Mental Gymnastics at the Suffering Olympics.
Had family in the holocaust. A country alienated a chunk of it’s population, blamed that chunk for all of their problems, and systematically removed rights, the rest you know. My beliefs don’t jive with the vax, and then the mandate is a whole ‘nother thing.

Had family in the holocaust. A country alienated a chunk of it’s population, blamed that chunk for all of their problems, and systematically removed rights, the rest you know. My beliefs don’t jive with the vax, and then the mandate is a whole ‘nother thing.
Your believes don’t believe in using medicine? Are you like a Christian scientist?

Did you forget that portion of the population were all things that they could not control? Or is anti vax a new nation that we are discriminating against?

Had family in the holocaust.
Then you should understand how bad this take is.

A country alienated a chunk of it’s population,
For thier ethnicity, not thier steadfast refusal to listen to facts, reason, and longstanding knowledge of how diseases work by people who spend thier lives studying such things.
blamed that chunk for all of their problems,
You all are being blamed for ONE problem, which you brought on yourselves with your willful ignorance.

and systematically removed rights,
What right is being denied to you? Your right to demand restaurant service?

the rest you know.
Yes. DM me on here when you are getting loaded on a cattle car.

My beliefs don’t jive with the vax, and then the mandate is a whole ‘nother thing.
That's fine. But don't get upset when people call you out on your ignorance of facts and logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom