Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy was trying to switch from a landing configuration to punching the thing going around
I don’t know fuck about flying. But he seemed concerned about it so he went around so I’d think he’d be pointing straight up. I was just surprised to hear them tell the southwest best rate. I’d love to see the altitudes better

I don’t know fuck about flying. But he seemed concerned about it so he went around so I’d think he’d be pointing straight up. I was just surprised to hear them tell the southwest best rate. I’d love to see the altitudes better
not a pilot but, you tend to have flaps out slowing you down, combined with having low power, they aren't just gonna send it in a go around and shove the throttle down

You’d think the delta would have been able to easily outclimb the southwest.

Something something center guys something something altimeter and frequency changes

Not sure about Airbus aircraft, but Boeing like 757/767 for example=Go Around thrust is far from full power, shoots for approx 2,000 feet/min climb rate. Full thrust always avail if they wanna push em fwd/bend em

Jeayzus Christ. When the Delta says he does not have SWA in sight, that's when you issue an immediate turn and coordinate later. Yikes.
I assume the terrain is high at RNO. I don’t understand why it wasn’t just delta max rate and southwest minimum rate to make the departure

Jeayzus Christ. When the Delta says he does not have SWA in sight, that's when you issue an immediate turn and coordinate later. Yikes.
I don't see how you run it that close (let's be real, that was never gonna work) and not be thinking ahead of time "if this doesn't work (again big ole fat if) what's my out"..... thats always one of the things I'm thinking about when I'm running the squeeze play/ its gonna be super tight, usually forefront in my mind if I have even a sneaking suspicion it's not gonna go my way.

Because climbing a dude underneath another dude on the go round same heading ain't it.

Again, I don't know the airspace, and I don't claim to be ATC Jesus, but I assume there's gotta be something other than runway heading that's at least somewhat safe even if it ends up being a procedural/airspace deal.

I don't see how you run it that close (let's be real, that was never gonna work) and not be thinking ahead of time "if this doesn't work (again big ole fat if) what's my out"..... thats always one of the things I'm thinking about when I'm running the squeeze play/ its gonna be super tight, usually forefront in my mind if I have even a sneaking suspicion it's not gonna go my way.

Because climbing a dude underneath another dude on the go round same heading ain't it.

Again, I don't know the airspace, and I don't claim to be ATC Jesus, but I assume there's gotta be something other than runway heading that's at least somewhat safe even if it ends up being a procedural/airspace deal.
You'd obviously never make it at sfo with that attitude ?

Pilot’s environment needs to be a required annual training for center controllers. People lose sight of the fact that those are real airplanes with real people onboard
Wait, what? You are saying these are real people and planes?
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Pilot’s environment needs to be a required annual training for center controllers. People lose sight of the fact that those are real airplanes with real people onboard
The way some of my coworkers work, it isn’t just center controllers who need to know this. They play real fast and loose with a lot of lives and are too stupid to correct their seriously low standards of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom