Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Some joker on the ATC subreddit is pleading with people to stop using their use-or-lose because he doesn't want to risk coming off 5/5 or 5/10. Now that's entitled.
Tbh I’d think the same thing if I was making anything above D1 pay, definitely a once in a career free pass. But begging people to not use their leave they saved up? GFYS. Dude prob burns leave the minute it hits his account and doesn’t have any left to burn, POS

Tbh I’d think the same thing if I was making anything above D1 pay, definitely a once in a career free pass. But begging people to not use their leave they saved up? GFYS. Dude prob burns leave the minute it hits his account and doesn’t have any left to burn, POS
I want to be CPC on the 5 and 5 not d2. But I’d be down to train on 5 and 5

Damn. Some joker on the ATC subreddit is pleading with people to stop using their use-or-lose because he doesn't want to risk coming off 5/5 or 5/10. Now that's entitled.
That dude is a straight piece of shit. Why the FUCK would I give back my own leave? FAA won't be taking back a single minute of mine.

LOL @ everyone calling that guy a pussy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the discussion this video spawns doesn't lock this thread I'd be impressed.

Full video of George Floyd arrest:

Thoughts:
Sheds a different look on the police outside of "Chauvin killed the guy for kicks" and "ACAB" even though it's still fucked that he did kill him.

Reasonable people after hearing of the monumental mistakes (to put it lightly) that cops commit sometimes would stay dead still and just try not to get shot or do anything that can be interpreted as a threat. Guy resisted police a LOT, was clearly not lucid/having a panic episode (toxicology report says he had drugs in his system but I've read medical opinions that say they were residue from prior drug use rather than recent drug use, can't come to a conclusion on this), and tried to escape from the police car.

Ultimately GF shouldn't have tried to escape and followed police's instructions, and Chauvin shouldn't have put his knee on the guy's neck (which killed him). Court will decide if he's guilty of murder or not. But if the police released this WAY earlier then I don't think we would have rioting/mass protests on the level we do today. Would be more of a "police brutality" issue rather than the formation of BLM, though I think this merely accelerated the eventual formation of BLM rather than sole reason for it.

Edit: I say "killed him" because an independent coroner's report said he was killed from "asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain", courts will decide if it's murder or not.

Edit 2: BLM existed before George Floyd died, that's my ignorance, sorry.

Last edited:

Thoughts:
Sheds a different look on the police outside of "Chauvin killed the guy for kicks" and "ACAB" even though it's still fucked that he did kill him.

Reasonable people after hearing of the monumental mistakes (to put it lightly) that cops commit sometimes would stay dead still and just try not to get shot or do anything that can be interpreted as a threat. Guy resisted police a LOT, was clearly not lucid/having a panic episode (toxicology report says he had drugs in his system but I've read medical opinions that say they were residue from prior drug use rather than recent drug use, can't come to a conclusion on this), and tried to escape from the police car.

Ultimately GF uldn't have resisted police and tried to escape and Chauvin shouldn't have put his knee on the guy's neck (which killed him). Court will decide if he's guilty of murder or not. But if the police released this WAY earlier then I don't think we would have rioting/mass protests on the level we do today. Would be more of a "police brutality" issue rather than the formation of BLM, though I think this merely accelerated the eventual formation of BLM rather than sole reason for it.

Edit: I say "killed him" because an independent coroner's report said he was killed from "asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain", courts will decide if it's murder or not.

Remember, the “independent” coroner was hired by the family and I believe didn’t even examine the actual body. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong there.

Painting a perspective.

Remember, the “independent” coroner was hired by the family and I believe didn’t even examine the actual body. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong there.

Painting a perspective.
Yep, forgot to mention that he was hired by the family, I don't know about not examining the actual body.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said that he died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression".

Either way I think that if there was an alternate reality where George Floyd wasn't found by police that day, he'd probably still be alive.

Thoughts:

Ultimately GF shouldn't have tried to escape and follow the police's instructions, and Chauvin shouldn't have put his knee on the guy's neck (which killed him). Court will decide if he's guilty of murder or not. But if the police released this WAY earlier then I don't think we would have rioting/mass protests on the level we do today. Would be more of a "police brutality" issue rather than the formation of BLM, though I think this merely accelerated the eventual formation of BLM rather than sole reason for it.

Why do you think Keith Ellison has refused to release full video and it had to leak?

Yep, forgot to mention that he was hired by the family, I don't know about not examining the actual body.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said that he died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression".

Either way I think that if there was an alternate reality where George Floyd wasn't found by police that day, he'd probably still be alive.

looks like I was wrong and they had access. Point one still applies.

Reactions: ONE

That’s the first thing I told my wife when I saw the initial video. “There is a huge chunk of time that we don’t see from where he was pulled over to the knee on his neck.” Homeboy was a big dude and hard to control. It’s pretty simple to just sit down and don’t resist. If you innocent, they’ll let you go.

Why do you think Keith Ellison has refused to release full video and it had to leak?
I don't know, don't even know who the guy is (I see he's the dem AG of MN now) because I haven't been following this too closely- I was waiting for the full bodycam footage to release before I even gave any thoughts on it. Why do you think he refused to release it? Don't think mass riots and unrest across the country were his goals though.

Would be more of a "police brutality" issue rather than the formation of BLM, though I think this merely accelerated the eventual formation of BLM rather than sole reason for it.

Not touching anything else in your post, but BLM has been a thing for literally years. The #blacklivesmatter hashtag went around Twitter in 2013 after the Trayvon Martin killing and the movement was in the national spotlight in 2014 regarding the deaths of both Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

Not touching anything else in your post, but BLM has been a thing for literally years. The #blacklivesmatter hashtag went around Twitter in 2013 after the Trayvon Martin killing and the movement was in the national spotlight in 2014 regarding the deaths of both Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
That's my ignorance, sorry- didn't know it was a movement until this all happened.

Edit: Knew that there were protests but didn't know they were under the BLM movement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom