Slate Book extended until July 2026

GM's response today to UAW's strike escalation:
View attachment 8899

BRUH, HOW DARE YOU LOOK OUT FOR YOUR OWN INTERESTS AT THE BARGAINING TABLE!

Whomever at GM crafted that statement must have previously worked for the FAA in their bargaining with NATCA. 🤣

#RAISEWEN Raise when?
God I love unions that can strike

I'm wondering when everyone became a Marxist out of nowhere

Keyword: was

The CPI is below what the raise is. By that logic the federal raise should be lowered to CPI levels. That would help stave off any future inflation right?

Things still cost much more, and CPI is an awful metric for economic burden to citizens—purposefully so. Regardless, wages aren't doing well.

Attachments

• Hourly-Wages-and-Real-Hourly-Wages-Percent-Change-2023-08-1024x657.png
    Hourly-Wages-and-Real-Hourly-Wages-Percent-Change-2023-08-1024x657.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 24
Woah I'm shocked someone with that letter in front of their name would say such a thing. It's almost like a certain political party hates workers rights and thinks we should be happy little serfs
What special rights should I be afforded for becoming an employee?

The right to withhold your labor to ensure that it is justly compensated for. The right to not be socioeconomically exploited. The right to put your fair share of Das Kapital into your pockets, brother/sister.

#RaiseNow #SeizeTheMeans
Striking, for one
Sure, employees are free to strike all they want. But Tim Scott isn't wrong, the employer is also free to fire you. It isn't anyone's God given right to work at GM, despite what your daddy and grand daddy told you.

Except that’s against the law to retaliate in that manner.
I'll admit, I was ignorant to this. But that just goes to show how fucked it is. The government shouldn't be intervening in private sector employment arrangements. What disincentive is there for workers to not go on strike? Why not demand $100/hr and hold out until you get it? Unions are like cancers that infect the host and eventually kill them off. Why the fuck would I manufacture in America if my business is going to be constantly held hostage by the unions and their demands? How can they stay competitive with foreign automakers? When all the domestic automakers die off or move overseas, all those union jobs will be destroyed, leaving everyone jobless and worse off than before.

Edit: also even more fucked that we can't strike and demand whatever the fuck we want.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I was ignorant to this. But that just goes to show how fucked it is. The government shouldn't be intervening in private sector employment arrangements. What disincentive is there for workers to not go on strike? Why not demand $100/hr and hold out until you get it? Unions are like cancers that infect the host and eventually kill them off. Why the fuck would I manufacture in America if my business is going to be constantly held hostage by the unions and their demands? How can they stay competitive with foreign automakers? When all the domestic automakers die off or move overseas, all those union jobs will be destroyed, leaving everyone jobless and worse off than before.
Yeah because American manufacturing leaving the country because unions wanted the profits their labor created turned out so well for the country. I'm surprised you're THIS stupid

Yeah because American manufacturing leaving the country because unions wanted the profits their labor created turned out so well for the country. I'm surprised you're THIS stupid
It doesn't turn out well for the country when our manufacturing capacity is completely destroyed and all the jobs are gone with it.

So maybe the companies should give some of the money the union generates back to the workers instead of being greedy pigs
Or maybe the companies will realize it's a lose lose situation to do business in America and shut their doors, tell the workers to eat a dick, and set up shop where laborers aren't making demands that will eventually bankrupt the company. Which one do you think is more likely smart guy?

Or maybe the companies will realize it's a lose lose situation to do business in America and shut their doors, tell the workers to eat a dick, and set up shop where laborers aren't making demands that will eventually bankrupt the company. Which one do you think is more likely smart guy?
You're the guy who would rat out people hoarding grain in a kingdom. Ma lord theyre hiding grain ma lord. Ma lord I'm a good little serf

You're the guy who would rat out people hoarding grain in a kingdom. Ma lord theyre hiding grain ma lord. Ma lord I'm a good little serf
No, I'm the guy who has the ability to think logically and see how a series of events would unfold. All you guys live in fantasy land where all the workers' demands are met and the companies turn 0 profit at the end of the day and everyone lives happily ever after. Unfortunately here in the real world, especially in our globalized economy, American labor is competing with the rest of the world that can make superior products for a fraction of the costs. It's not about me not wanting labor to thrive, it's about the reality of the consequences of them thriving.

making demands that will eventually bankrupt the company.
That take is FREEZING cold.

Big 3 automakers have spent tens of billions in stock buybacks alone over the last decade. Stock buybacks do zero for a company other than temporarily inflate their stock price. We're not even talking about shareholder dividends here; it's a legalized pump and dump for executives and large stakeholders.

Current unionized labor cost of a new vehicle accounts for roughly ~5% of the price of a vehicle. This article from 2017 states that every facet of labor, including building the factory and its operating costs, account for less than 15% of the total cost of a vehicle. And that's from 2017, before car prices skyrocketed while labor costs have stayed flat.

No matter what their corporate spokespeople try to say, they are full of shit when they say they can't afford to treat their employees better.

No, I'm the guy who has the ability to think logically and see how a series of events would unfold. All you guys live in fantasy land where all the workers' demands are met and the companies turn 0 profit at the end of the day and everyone lives happily ever after. Unfortunately here in the real world, especially in our globalized economy, American labor is competing with the rest of the world that can make superior products for a fraction of the costs. It's not about me not wanting labor to thrive, it's about the reality of the consequences of them thriving.
Idk why you can't admit that you just worship capitalism and business owners

Unfortunately here in the real world, especially in our globalized economy, American labor is competing with the rest of the world that can make superior products for a fraction of the costs. It's not about me not wanting labor to thrive, it's about the reality of the consequences of them thriving.
I'll take Tariffs for a thousand, Alex.

Jay Z Money GIF by HipHopDX

Rest in honor, King. đź‘‘

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom