Medical Sleep Apnea

Good point on the EA. If you lose a medical you won’t be getting that lol. Also depending on what type of facility, I would rather do sleep apnea tests and lose my medical as a CPC. Make more money that way too!

I've watched a few people lose their medicals and get article 45 duties which obvs isn't happening right now. Frankly, I think most controllers probably have some form of sleep issues given the schedules. Unless you're noticing affects of it, I would seriously let your dentist worry about your teeth and nothing else.
edit: plus, you're almost certainly going to get a CPAP and have to deal with all the reporting that goes along with it... if that's really something you wanna deal with, you've been warned.
edit2: i don't know shit about shit and i'm just the resident furlough fear mongerer.

You should be fine. Just take a audio recording of the break room on the mid. Sounds like a chainsaw competition in Jacksonville. If you lose your medical, play the recording for the ATM and he will reinstate it. Hey it could be good for you... not sure how training is going but here there is a guy that was about to wash out and claimed he was getting headaches from sleep apnea. Long story short, he is upstairs working in the training department with only an A side certification making 125k a year. Down side is everyone hopes he is getting furloughed.

You should be fine. Just take a audio recording of the break room on the mid. Sounds like a chainsaw competition in Jacksonville. If you lose your medical, play the recording for the ATM and he will reinstate it. Hey it could be good for you... not sure how training is going but here there is a guy that was about to wash out and claimed he was getting headaches from sleep apnea. Long story short, he is upstairs working in the training department with only an A side certification making 125k a year. Down side is everyone hopes he is getting furloughed.
I feel like training was going pretty well before I was furloughed. I’m not sure my trainers would say the same thing if you asked them! I don’t think my training is going bad enough to go down the scamming road yet. Maybe that’ll be my play if I head to a TRB

You should make your health the top priority.
That's pretty much the core nugget of wisdom for anything medical related. This is a great gig, but it shouldn't be great enough to make anyone want to take a dirt nap earlier than needed or screw with their quality of life to the point that your 40 hours a week screws over the other 128.

I took a sleep study and won’t get the results for 10 days . Should I tell RFS or anyone in NATCA? I’m hoping for negative and not needing to mention it. Its taking forever , if it comes back positive, will I get in trouble for not reporting right after the study?

I took a sleep study and won’t get the results for 10 days . Should I tell RFS or anyone in NATCA? I’m hoping for negative and not needing to mention it. Its taking forever , if it comes back positive, will I get in trouble for not reporting right after the study?
You don't have it till you have it, when you get diagnosed I'd tell the RFS. Expect to lose your medical for about 28 days until you've established compliance, and get a letter from you're pulmonary doctor saying CPAP fixed it. That's if you get prescribed a CPAP.

Hey man you get your sleep test results?

Back
Top Bottom