Spouse Resources Available?

Yeah there should really be like a database where people can consolidate information specific to working and living somewhere
You gotta improve the UI man... people want to compare facilities on a list like the guy who posted the information of all the ERRS.

That is the difference between a Union and the Military though. NEX/AAFES (if memory serves) have slots allocated to dependents and spouses while drawing their budget and salary from NAF (Non-Appropriated Funds), which inherently is a really good thing but most couples in the Agency either already have jobs or made a decision to have a parent stay at home and no such equivalent organisation exists for the FAA. Also, before someone trolls you, controllers tend (for the most part) to marry like minded individuals who take the initiative through USAJOBS (for Federal Jobs) or other job sites so having a contract with a private company would seem like a waste of time for the Union. It really is all about education, asking people, seeking information on how to: Make a USAJOBS resume, understanding the KSA (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities), including the keywords so that a resume is flagged by the computer to be galanced at by a human... These were just several things I found out by on my own initiative but people have to display it, which many do not, before people are inclined to help.

Perhaps instead of a committee one giant "cheat sheet" document might be more beneficial for the spousal unit with correct resource links attached. There was a time Facilities did "Welcome Packets" that included Child Care facilities, housing areas, but I am not sure what happened to those.
I had forgotten about the allocated jobs on base. That puts it into better perspective about the availability of resources compared to the agency.
Yeah there should really be like a database where people can consolidate information specific to working and living somewhere
The wiki here is great and I've used it for just about everything getting started.

I was looking for more of a resource that makes the connections, after all, many jobs these days are all about networking.

You gotta improve the UI man... people want to compare facilities on a list like the guy who posted the information of all the ERRS.
I think the UI works well. Not a lot to compare when you leave the academy and the list is only 4 facilities. This forum is a bigger help than anything you get from the agency as far as information goes.

I think the UI works well. Not a lot to compare when you leave the academy and the list is only 4 facilities. This forum is a bigger help than anything you get from the agency as far as information goes.
Yeah when you leave academy there's 4 facilities but when you want to compare ALL the Enroute Centers or a lot of Airports there is definitely a different site I recommend that makes the admins annoyed when I mention it lol. They always reply "OR you could look in the FAQ!" and I "say... but the other website is more organized"

Yeah when you leave academy there's 4 facilities but when you want to compare ALL the Enroute Centers or a lot of Airports there is definitely a different site I recommend that makes the admins annoyed when I mention it lol. They always reply "OR you could look in the FAQ!" and I "say... but the other website is more organized"
I'm curious to what it would be comparing.

You mean 123atc.com? Are we not supposed to talk about that?
Nah we can. Admins like having this place be the one-stop shop for ATCs (nothing wrong with that, they have their understandable agendas) and mention that they have a wiki/faq for salary information.

But claiming that the information on 123atc.com is wrong is... not okay. I asked for proof and there was no response.

When you get asked for the 100th time “Where can I find an ERR packet” or “How do I put a Hardship packet together,” when it is in the repository it tends to get old. If people could take 5 minutes to get acquainted and take the initiative to look for it on the site, life would be better. Hell I have people from 5 years ago that I have not talked to that hit me up expecting a personalised email with a bow on it.

It gets old after a while because you just feel used. Back in 2014/15 I cannot tell you how many resumes I proofed for the prior experience bid that was posted in Jan (I think) 2015 due to HR requirements or ERR packets I still proof for people to this day. I am, and a lot of others, are all for helping people but .65 has been around for 4 years... You must be living under a rock if you have not heard of it by now. MJ did a thankless job putting .65 together so he is allowed to feel a bit salty imho ?.

When you get asked for the 100th time “Where can I find an ERR packet” or “How do I put a Hardship packet together,” when it is in the repository it tends to get old. If people could take 5 minutes to get acquainted and take the initiative to look for it on the site, life would be better. Hell I have people from 5 years ago that I have not talked to that hit me up expecting a personalised email with a bow on it.

It gets old after a while because you just feel used. Back in 2014/15 I cannot tell you how many resumes I proofed for the prior experience bid that was posted in Jan (I think) 2015 due to HR requirements or ERR packets I still proof for people to this day. I am, and a lot of others, are all for helping people but .65 has been around for 4 years... You must be living under a rock if you have not heard of it by now. MJ did a thankless job putting .65 together so he is allowed to feel a bit salty imho ?.

That's not the same information that I'm referring to (mine was more about salary at facilities).

However, your point is correct- it's the same with incoming trainees asking how long academy is or where to find places to live. It does get old and they have my sympathies.

That's not the same information that I'm referring to (mine was more about salary at facilities).

However, your point is correct- it's the same with incoming trainees asking how long academy is or where to find places to live. It does get old and they have my sympathies.
Every facility has a page listed here with associated pay scale which includes their locality as well as any CIP pay.

I looked over at the "competition's" website and at first glance the only difference seems to be the layout and .65 gives you the salary that includes CIP and COLA, 123ABC gives you the updated tower hours for the covid staffing.

You can definitely tell this incoming class of trainees doesn't like being told to look something up hence the hundreds of post asking the same old questions.

I come to .65 simply for some PushingTin and Phillyman.

Last edited:
Every facility has a page listed here with associated pay scale which includes their locality as well as any CIP pay.
I know the facility pages here on have the pay scale- but when I see a question about facility pay/locality/CIP I link the "other website" for easier comparison and an admin says it's incorrect information. I ask him how in both a comment and PM, and there is no reply.

I tell him that website has a better UI for comparing the different facilities (subjective, I know, but I don't want to click through 20+ centers to see the different payscales) and there is no reply.

IF the information on the other website is wrong, I just want to be told why it's wrong so I can recommend the FAQ/Wiki.

I looked over at the "competition's" website and at first glance the only difference seems to be the layout and .65 gives you the salary that includes CIP and COLA, 123ABC gives you the updated tower hours for the covid staffing.

Again, this is why I'm asking "what's the incorrect information?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I come here to look at my own pay scale cus it’s by far the easiest way. That’s back when I was allowed to get raises of course

Back
Top Bottom