Staffing with declining traffic

Gusher

Was just wondering out loud, what’s the possibility the FAA does an early retirement? I’d say most facilities are way down on traffic and going to be a while before it returns. Or what about cancelling waivers? Since the government is throwing around all this money with no plan to pay for it, I see us government employees bing the pawns again like last year.

unrelated to the retirement thing— I heard today the reduced staffing will continue through September... anyone else here that?

unrelated to the retirement thing— I heard today the reduced staffing will continue through September... anyone else here that?

I don’t see how that is possible. When traffic picks up they will need us back at full force. I don’t see this lasting more than another month. The FAA doesn’t like this low staffing deal we have going on, as we can see by the amount of facilities fighting the three crews, closing on mids etc. some facilities won’t even let TMs be coverage and are staffing CD lol. Sups aren’t doing shit, no reason they can’t coverCD/FD. They want us all back to work as soon as they can force it without us fighting back and looking bad to the public.

They gonna use this to cut OT. Which is cool but if you’re gonna cut staffing and OT at my facility that’s 60ish percent staffed then there’s no reason I can’t ERR

I doubt they offer early retirements, that would make sense in the private sector and anyplace where money mattered but the FAA is either too big to fail or will be funded by just printing more money as we seen. So the FAA has no incentive to.

I don’t see how that is possible. When traffic picks up they will need us back at full force. I don’t see this lasting more than another month. The FAA doesn’t like this low staffing deal we have going on, as we can see by the amount of facilities fighting the three crews, closing on mids etc. some facilities won’t even let TMs be coverage and are staffing CD lol. Sups aren’t doing shit, no reason they can’t coverCD/FD. They want us all back to work as soon as they can force it without us fighting back and looking bad to the public.

I can't see how air carrier traffic is going to be back to pre-Covid levels for at least a year. Not only are planes flying empty right now, but nobody is even booking travel for the summer/fall seasons.

My fear is more of the gov't giving us mandatory furlough days if everyone is ordered back to work with 30% of normal traffic.

I can't see how air carrier traffic is going to be back to pre-Covid levels for at least a year. Not only are planes flying empty right now, but nobody is even booking travel for the summer/fall seasons.

My fear is more of the gov't giving us mandatory furlough days if everyone is ordered back to work with 30% of normal traffic.

Gov is funded through September and believe. I’d also be hard pressed to see any type of furlough in an election year.

While you would think so, I read crap like this:

When we see restrictions lifted people will be jumping to get that vacay in that they have been planning as we hit good weather with June and July.

While you would think so, I read crap like this:

When we see restrictions lifted people will be jumping to get that vacay in that they have been planning as we hit good weather with June and July.
A lot of people are still not cancelling their summer trips Judy in case.

I think people are definitely going to want to travel as soon as things stop looking like the apocalypse. They’ve been cooped up at home for months, airfare is dirt cheap, and everybody just got a $1200 check from the govt. As soon as Disney World and the beaches reopen people are going to be there.

I think people are definitely going to want to travel as soon as things stop looking like the apocalypse. They’ve been cooped up at home for months, airfare is dirt cheap, and everybody just got a $1200 check from the govt. As soon as Disney World and the beaches reopen people are going to be there.

I think this is only true for a very specific group of young people with money. $1200 is nothing in the context of 25 million + people being unemployed, and they wont magically be rehired overnight. You can burn down the economy a hell of a lot quicker than you can build it back up. Even the moron stock cheerleaders on CNBC have stopped saying "V-shaped recovery". People are going to want to go to Disney and other traditional vacation hotspots, but not NEARLY in pre-Covid19 numbers. Look at pro sports... 0 chance there are fans in the stands for MLB, NBA/NHL Playoffs, PGA or even NFL games this fall. Perhaps it will be a return to past Americana where road trips become cool again. Gas is cheap, and so too will cars be soon! Just wait to see the car rebates this summer.

Was just wondering out loud, what’s the possibility the FAA does an early retirement? I’d say most facilities are way down on traffic and going to be a while before it returns. Or what about cancelling waivers? Since the government is throwing around all this money with no plan to pay for it, I see us government employees bing the pawns again like last year.

It would be amazing if they offered early retirements out of the #BestjobinTheWorld , but I don't see any way it happens. like FightingIrish2012 said, they aren't run like a business and could care less if the relative level of productivity of their workers Is commensurate w staffing. Probably be a good chance to go part time though in facilities where it previously wouldn't have been possible... although we know anything new or dynamic or outside the box will make them break out in hives. I think furlough is possible, but someone brings up a good point about it being an election year. Trump gave everyone a RAISE last year and probably will again, even though we know that is against his natural inclination toward feds. So doubt he will furlough.

It'll be supply and demand-if flights are cheap enough people will go anywhere

This will be the argument for a while, how to staff facilities. The amount of managers saying that we don’t need to staff to BWS and refuse the pay OT will have the same amount of BUEs arguing for managers to approve leave below bws because we don’t need the people.

I think this is only true for a very specific group of young people with money. $1200 is nothing in the context of 25 million + people being unemployed, and they wont magically be rehired overnight. You can burn down the economy a hell of a lot quicker than you can build it back up. Even the moron stock cheerleaders on CNBC have stopped saying "V-shaped recovery". People are going to want to go to Disney and other traditional vacation hotspots, but not NEARLY in pre-Covid19 numbers. Look at pro sports... 0 chance there are fans in the stands for MLB, NBA/NHL Playoffs, PGA or even NFL games this fall. Perhaps it will be a return to past Americana where road trips become cool again. Gas is cheap, and so too will cars be soon! Just wait to see the car rebates this summer.

It would be amazing if they offered early retirements out of the #BestjobinTheWorld , but I don't see any way it happens. like FightingIrish2012 said, they aren't run like a business and could care less if the relative level of productivity of their workers Is commensurate w staffing. Probably be a good chance to go part time though in facilities where it previously wouldn't have been possible... although we know anything new or dynamic or outside the box will make them break out in hives. I think furlough is possible, but someone brings up a good point about it being an election year. Trump gave everyone a RAISE last year and probably will again, even though we know that is against his natural inclination toward feds. So doubt he will furlough.

Nah, he’s tanking in the polls so he’s trying to behave.....

graph.jpg

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom