Struggling in Training

Had a dev hardship from his first center. They didn’t have to do academy again. Maybe it’s different than the NEST placements.

Why? Don’t you get like 1 hour of training/day? They care if you’re not there to sit there and do nothing for 7 hours?
No one encourages taking leave lol, and people would rather no one train then have a single 1.5 hour rotation

Hello,

All I can do is offer you encouragement. Don’t ever give up and don’t ever tell management you are struggling. If they ask you if you are ready the answer is always, “yes.” Don’t let anyone tell you SET is a good thing. It’s management dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s for the pending TRB. You’ve made it this far so my guess is you just need the other headset unplugged so you can learn on your own. I’ve been in almost 11 years. I started at a 6 tower and was told if I ever wanted the coveted 12 tower I needed radar. I went to an 8 up/down and certified, then went to an 11 tower and certified, and then went to the 12 tower and certified. The one and only thing all of these places have in common is training sucked at all of them. Keep your head up and take a “mental health day,” when needed.

If you've already got R sides under your belt then you can do it. Lows are different but still. I really think more than half the battle is just to stop doubting yourself. Everyone, everyone, has had days where they doubted themselves. Everyone, everyone, that says they never did is full of crap. Even after you get checked out you're going to have your moments and you'll probably have those moments for 1-3 years after.

Back
Top Bottom