Sup bids

Planeguy1982

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? Bod has been closed “reviewing apps” since July and idk if I should still have hope or if it’s been filled and they don’t update USA jobs.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? Bod has been closed “reviewing apps” since July and idk if I should still have hope or if it’s been filled and they don’t update USA jobs.
Usually 6-9 months to here they selected someone else or that they didn’t select anyone at all.

Bid closed in end of Oct, heard back the Jan right after NY. I called every Tuesday starting in Dec.

I’ve been referred for a handful of sup bids for over 6 months. No selections made for any of them because none of the candidates are at facilities at or above 85% staffed.

Bid closed in end of Oct, heard back the Jan right after NY. I called every Tuesday starting in Dec.
Calling HR I assume? I have tried a few times and keep getting VM

Good. They shouldn't be pulling controllers off the boards to do bullshit paperwork
I agree, however after waiting 9 years for staffing for ERR I had to cave and try. I don’t want to be a supe but I do want to do what’s best for my family.

80% of the bids with one vacancy already have someone in mind.

The rest go like this (4 qualified candidates for supervisor) for a level 12 z frontline.

#1 Doctorate in air traffic controller from embry riddle and business management double major. 10 years cpc at z level 12, 1 year tmu detail. But facility is 76% staffed

#2 Bachelor's in unrelated field, some corporate world experience prior to atc, checked out at 7 up down, then transferred to 11 tracon. Really wants to get to this z to be close to family, has been in 8 years and a vet 62% staffed

#3 No degree, some work experience, got dream Z after academy...BUT failed. A quick run at a level vfr and now has 1 year cpc. Vfr is 92% staffed due to 6 month checkout. They now make more than their counterparts that didn't fail

#4 Hardshipped to dream facility out of Chicago center using connections. 3 review boards later they've managed to get picked up on a sup bid at zny WITHOUT ever being fully certified since they didn't even towards staffing since they weren't a cpc.

Guess who's getting picked up for those sup bids. (This is how we end up with people making decisions that have no idea what's going on)

80% of the bids with one vacancy already have someone in mind.

The rest go like this (4 qualified candidates for supervisor) for a level 12 z frontline.

#1 Doctorate in air traffic controller from embry riddle and business management double major. 10 years cpc at z level 12, 1 year tmu detail. But facility is 76% staffed

#2 Bachelor's in unrelated field, some corporate world experience prior to atc, checked out at 7 up down, then transferred to 11 tracon. Really wants to get to this z to be close to family, has been in 8 years and a vet 62% staffed

#3 No degree, some work experience, got dream Z after academy...BUT failed. A quick run at a level vfr and now has 1 year cpc. Vfr is 92% staffed due to 6 month checkout. They now make more than their counterparts that didn't fail

#4 Hardshipped to dream facility out of Chicago center using connections. 3 review boards later they've managed to get picked up on a sup bid at zny WITHOUT ever being fully certified since they didn't even towards staffing since they weren't a cpc.

Guess who's getting picked up for those sup bids. (This is how we end up with people making decisions that have no idea what's going on)

I think I know who #4 is. Nice guy, dangerous at the job. Trained at my ARTCC for like 10 years. Review boards/atm wouldn't wash him inexplicably

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom