Taxes

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 9.00.54 PM.png
What a great idea! Stick it to the taxman! ?

Press Conference Kermit GIF

Can you tell me more about this. I got married last year and I’ll be in a similar situation percentage wise
Think of it as one income. The lower income part of it is being taxed at a lower rate than it would were it added to the total.

Think of it as one income. The lower income part of it is being taxed at a lower rate than it would were it added to the total.

I get that but didn’t trump made it so all the married tax brackets were like doubled now.

I get that but didn’t trump made it so all the married tax brackets were like doubled now.
Basically when you both check the married box the government assumes only 1 of you is working. So if you don’t check multiple jobs on 1 of the W2’s (typically the higher income) you will owe back taxes. I got burned my first few years and finally am getting a return this year.

I personally think you should just stop complaining and just pay your taxes. You guys make a lot of money and are better off than most folks so it's only right that you pay your fair share! Trying to reduce your tax liability is akin to cheating on your taxes. Do you not appreciate all the good things the government does for you? Do you not want to contribute as much as you legally are required to this wonderful society? These roads and schools ain't gonna build themselves my guy. Besides, after it's all said and done, I bet you only spend a max of 40% of your income on all the various taxes out there. That means you keep like 60%! What more could you want?

Anyway, I hope my advice finds you well and you can spend a little time doing some self reflection on why being so greedy is bad. Please enjoy all of the things society has given you for your tax dollars before we have to raise tax rates and take even more of your freedom bucks so we literally blow them up in Ukraine.

I personally think you should just stop complaining and just pay your taxes. You guys make a lot of money and are better off than most folks so it's only right that you pay your fair share! Trying to reduce your tax liability is akin to cheating on your taxes. Do you not appreciate all the good things the government does for you? Do you not want to contribute as much as you legally are required to this wonderful society? These roads and schools ain't gonna build themselves my guy. Besides, after it's all said and done, I bet you only spend a max of 40% of your income on all the various taxes out there. That means you keep like 60%! What more could you want?

Anyway, I hope my advice finds you well and you can spend a little time doing some self reflection on why being so greedy is bad. Please enjoy all of the things society has given you for your tax dollars before we have to raise tax rates and take even more of your freedom bucks so we literally blow them up in Ukraine.
Since when is wanting to keep more of your own money greedy? Lol

We found the Berniebro

I don’t wanna pay taxes because I wanna live in a feudal society where rich people control stuff and I a good libertarian am free to do what I want. Oh they’re going to coerce me to give them some of my money because they provide stuff for me, no it’s completely different from taxes

Back
Top Bottom