GRR
JAN
HLN
YNG
CMA
PTK
SHV
AGS

Before anyone asks, literally straight from the list, next to ACK, are the words in all caps: "MANDATORY"

From the ATC New Hiring Discord

According to Reddit, someone heard on a NATCA visit that there will start to be select 8's on lists
I think that would be a positive change. They should look at the ERR demand sheet and let anyone who scores an 85 or higher go to the less desirable 8s. Places that have fewer than 10 inbound ERRs on file. ANC, VNY, ICT, OAK, ORF, OKC, etc.... I think they should also run new hire RTF classes and send them to JCF, A11, U90, R90, AZO, and Y90.

I believe the plan is for graduates who score a 90 or above in IQT to be eligible to select from certain 8’s. No idea when that is going to start or what level 8’s will be offered.

According to Reddit, someone heard on a NATCA visit that there will start to be select 8's on lists
I can confirm this. Santa was at our NATCA meeting last week and said they hope to have the agreement signed in the next month. The other post regarding the 90% or above is correct. He made it sound like any level 8 would be offered, regardless of staffing (though that seemed strange to me). He did say if they try this, and after time it proves to be successful, they may look into adding 9s into the mix. Anyone who would score 90% or greater could choose a 9 and those who score 80% or better could choose an 8. So, we shall see.

I would guess that there’s probably only 50-100 students per year that graduate above a 90%. It will help, but it’s a small dent.

I can confirm this. Santa was at our NATCA meeting last week and said they hope to have the agreement signed in the next month. The other post regarding the 90% or above is correct. He made it sound like any level 8 would be offered, regardless of staffing (though that seemed strange to me). He did say if they try this, and after time it proves to be successful, they may look into adding 9s into the mix. Anyone who would score 90% or greater could choose a 9 and those who score 80% or better could choose an 8. So, we shall see.
Imagine being stuck in NCEPT hell trying to get to the coveted 8's DAL, HOU, SAN, CHS, etc..., only to see an academy grad leapfrog you. Any 8's that are offered should be reflected based on current staffing, overtime allotment, and average yearly NCEPT inbounds.

Imagine being stuck in NCEPT hell trying to get to the coveted 8's DAL, HOU, SAN, CHS, etc..., only to see an academy grad leapfrog you. Any 8's that are offered should be reflected based on current staffing, overtime allotment, and average yearly NCEPT inbounds.
Not exactly the same, but it happens at the EnRoute level too. Wanting one Z to end up at another across the country while an AG gets to the Z you want on the next list. It's all fucked.

Not exactly the same, but it happens at the EnRoute level too. Wanting one Z to end up at another across the country while an AG gets to the Z you want on the next list. It's all fucked.
Yeah, its a tale as old as time. When I initially got hired, lists were coming out about every 2 weeks. They gave me my 3rd ranked facility and the next list came out had my first and second ranked on it. It was quite the introduction to the faa.

Back
Top Bottom