Terminal Class pass rate

This only proves you can't please everyone. We've spent the past how many months arguing that we need local hiring bids and to put new people where they want to be so they will stay... now suddenly someone says the volunteer list is dumb and put trainees where no one else wants to go so those CPCs can leave. 🤣

I agree. Having lived there for 4 years, even $120k won't keep me there. I said even another $80k raise ($200k salary) would not keep me there. At some point you have to be real with yourself and ask what you're willing to give up. I gave up 4 years of being away from family and walked away with nothing. Everyone has a time limit and I reached mine.
I don’t envy the position you were put in. Sorry that our union doesn’t care about your situation or a similar situation that many others are being forced in to. I hope something changes, but it won’t.

This is exactly what I'm getting at! Places like FNT on the volunteer list. They've averaged 3 releases a year since 2020 and their 100% CPC # is 9 CPC's! And the best part is that they're currently 100% staffed. Make this make any sense because right now it makes none.
Former FNT controller, wanted to add some additional context here. The Finance committee/HR had set the "Projected Losses and Retirements" way higher than some larger level 8/9 towers at -2 for a CPC target of 9 (despite no one being close to qualify for retirement). As a result, FNT was one of the 3 facilities out of 400 that was always 100% or more staffed and still got trainees because of FNT's "projected losses" being so high that we kept getting trainees while still being higher than the National Projected CPC target. This meant FNT released one person for every NCEPT in the last 3 years.

As for why FNT is on the Volunteer list, who knows, the FAA still thinks it takes 1.5 years to certify at a level 4 tower only.

As someone at one of the volunteer facilities. I think it’s a good thing. No one wants to live here other than like 4 or 5 controllers. Might as well hope to get a few people that want to stay long term. The low level pay is not commensurate with cost of living.

Everyone from my class in 2017 has ERRd from their first facility except me. I saw a hardship list at one point and we were close to the top.

probably doesn’t appease most people, but we’ll take what we can get.

I mean they are trying $$$ with ACK, time will tell if that helps.
Apartments are $10k/week there in the summer.

This only proves you can't please everyone. We've spent the past how many months arguing that we need local hiring bids and to put new people where they want to be so they will stay... now suddenly someone says the volunteer list is dumb and put trainees where no one else wants to go so those CPCs can leave. 🤣
You can do both.

Again, an ACK problem. Mandatory 6 day work weeks coming up this summer for ACK. 7 OJTI's with 0 trainees. Oh and ACK is placed on a "pass over due to training backlog" come May timeframe until October because even WITH $120k salary, there is no housing in the summer if you don't have a year-round rental. The "training backlog" is really a "housing crisis".
Sounds like your manager needs to update staffing workbook. But not sure on how to solve the housing problem there.

This is insanity. Places like SEE, BTV, and BDL should not be getting AG's since they release all the time to NCEPT. Since March 2020, SEE has released 12 and BDL has released 10. Meanwhile, places like ACK have released 2, BGR 0. The Volunteer Facility Placement Options list needs to be removed as well. How is FNT on the Volunteer list? 100% staffed as of this month and they have released 9 to NCEPT since March 2020.

I've said this for a while now. NCEPT needs to focus on release percentages. Facilities that have not released to NCEPT in a while should be getting AG's provided their CPC to Target % is low.

And for what its worth, I tried to ERR to BDL. Didn't work because of NCEPT. Now the agency has lost an ACK controller AND will be placing an AG at BDL who will not want to be there from day 1.

Sincerely, a resigned ACK controller.
We are a revolving door facility. Only reason our success rate is in the 70% range is because people have quit to go DOD or medically go down. If I was an academy grad I would want to go somewhere where I would have a chance of moving up instead of rotting for years at my facility like some spots have.

The FAA needs to just incentivize money more for those facilities. Money is literally the answer to the FAA's problems, but they will do anything but that to "help out" smaller facilities. We rarely get anyone ERRing here as well due to being a 7 and MYF, SCT, and SAN being in the same city. We just have a good track record, so they keep the AG's coming

Any updates on 2/12 selection
Quoting straight from the discord bc too lazy to list the airports:

Wilkes barre PA
Fairbanks AK volunteer before we got list
Monterey CA
Burlington VT
Bradley CT
Tucson AZ
Tri cities TN
White plains NY
Jackson MS
And last one is picking from Amarillo TX or hope hull AL