TMC Interview?

Stinger

Forum Sage
Got a buddy with an interview coming up for a TMU position. I wasn't aware that was a position that they conducted interviews for.
Anyone that's been through any and know some of the frequent questions they'll ask?

I was selected without an interview or even a call lol. Throw out some buzzwords like TBFM and shit. They eat that crap up.

Got a buddy with an interview coming up for a TMU position. I wasn't aware that was a position that they conducted interviews for.
Anyone that's been through any and know some of the frequent questions they'll ask?

How are you at dealing with conflict?

Which really means, "everyone here will hate you and think you do nothing, even if you were to rarely do something, are you cool with that?"

Where do you want to be in X years?

Which really means, "let's be honest, you are probably coming here to slide into one of the easiest jobs besides being a supervisor, you are going to stay right?"

Why do you want this job?

Which really means, "so you either really want to get to this area and it's impossible to come as a line controller, or you don't want to work traffic anymore for whatever reason, or you are somehow crazy enough to think that TMU is some sort of elevated control position, which one is it?"

Some facilities interview for it, some don't. Some facilities will send out the questions 30 minutes ahead of the interview, some wont. It's your standard interview questions. In the end it boils down to whether or not your friend can be released.

Can you say “Released” followed by “ I thought he would fit in that hole”

you’re hired!
I always enjoyed when we’d be full blown 10-15 minute delays into MSP holding and vectoring guys... then some dude would get launched off LSE, EAU, DLH, etc and have a 30 minute delay... would call TMU and they’d say yeah that time is real... then MSP APPCH would call us sometime and say “why are you holding, send those guys in”.... I miss center ? everyone was always on the same page.....

At my facility the interview consists of displaying the ability to use the stovetop, microwave, and grill. At least that’s what it appears from the outside looking in.

Does anyone know anything about the questions they are currently asking?
• What do you do right as the rush starts?

Answer - run to the terminal to grab food and show up late

• What do you do once you set all the tags for crossovers mid arrival bank?

Answer - leave the TRACON, you’re no longer needed obviously

• What do you do when there’s weather?

Answer - bang in sick or go hide somewhere… anywhere but be in the TRACON

CONGRATS YOU’RE HIRED

Tangentially related, does anyone know if they are conducting interviews for OS positions again? I had heard they stopped a couple years back.

I heard it was a regional panel that did it all now. Pretty sure there is an interview.

Yeah I definitely know it’s handled outside the facility but I’m still not sure about if they interview or just score the “package”. I’ve interviewed for support jobs but never get calls on OS jobs, which may just be indicative of my “pwckage” lol.

Back
Top Bottom