Training after shutdown

Facility
ZME Memphis Center
Anyone know how long before stage 4 training has to be restarted? I can't find anything in the training order about it.

Stage 4 class here in ZME got kicked down to the floor and we're wondering at what point they have to start from scratch

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but A67 section 2 of the CBA covers interruptions in training of 30 days or more.

I think you got re-assigned. IE on the ADMIN side of things you cant work-the cba says you go to the floor. I assume it will be a couple of days after people start (rework schedules, stage 4 letters, contractor schedules) You may start from scratch-If you were just doing lectures and stuff I assume it will pickup where it left off

I’m in stage 4, halfway through the labs with an eval already passed. Would be pissed if we have to redo the entire class

Yep too bad there’s such thing as r school. All these people getting even more delayed to start r school could literally be training on position now and get at least one of their r sides and we wouldn’t be so short staffed as the news claims. Sign a waiver or something but get these people trained!

So along these lines. I was at the academy going thru Initial tower cab training as a BUE. Obviously with the shutdown we were out of work for 30 days and now we have no idea when my academy class will start up again. Word on the street is that the academy is open with new classes starting and classes that were already in progress are delayed. Is there a grievance here? Would training delay pay be involved?

So along these lines. I was at the academy going thru Initial tower cab training as a BUE. Obviously with the shutdown we were out of work for 30 days and now we have no idea when my academy class will start up again. Word on the street is that the academy is open with new classes starting and classes that were already in progress are delayed. Is there a grievance here? Would training delay pay be involved?
For the shutdown, no; It was out of the agencies control. If you are subsequently delayed unreasonably then you could make a case for that.

If im forced to start the academy over from day 1, would there be a case for it? we were half way thru when the shutdown occured

Word on the street is that the academy is open with new classes starting and classes that were already in progress are delayed. Is there a grievance here? Would training delay pay be involved?
New-hire classes that were in session prior to the shutdown started back up today. They are all being given 9 or 10 day reviews to catch them back up to where they were. You can grieve anything you want, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.
Depending what pay band you're in at the Center and which tower you're going to, your pay may be about the same (or even less), so I'd also be surprised if backpay for a training delay comes up.

Back
Top Bottom