Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to privatize, it’s the only way to true reform. If you hate the hiring process, placement, nepotism, paper check outs and NCEPT, the only way any of that changes significantly is though privatization.

We need to privatize, it’s the only way to true reform. If you hate the hiring process, placement, nepotism, paper check outs and NCEPT, the only way any of that changes significantly is though privatization.
Provatization:
Nepotism? Never gonna end.
Paper check outs? Never going away.
NCEPT? Never be able to transfer unless it’s into management.

I would agree that privatization has the potential to fix all this and much much more. Would it? Nope. It would only be a matter of years until the whole thing was run by airlines one way or another. Whether it’s current seats being airline reps, or the CEO seat being filled by an “ex” airline individual.

Look, if it'll help Trish and Paul and a handful of others get rich, I don't think any one of us should be against privatization.
What is capitalism without my employer being able to fire me willy nilly and pay themselves more with the savings?
If you don't fight against your own interests in favor of those above you, you're nothing more than a commie.

Ill deal with all that shit for job security.
This. I may be biased because other than a short period at a contract tower I’ve been in the government since I turned 18. I’ve seen so many people lose their job for no reason besides they were downsizing. Architects, engineers, nurses...not just joe at staples. I’m okay with taking a little anal raping for what I have, but maybe it’s because I grew up with nothing. I love what I have...I still will fight stupid shit management does but I don’t want privatized.

I'll echo the similar sentiment, I will fight against incompetent management/government every day and a desire to be move away from appropriations but the job security cannot be beaten. To know I still have a job at the end of the day and not be shit canned like my friends in NATS or our brothers and sisters in NAV Canada, I'll take whatever comes our way and it is worth fighting those battles day in and day out.

Till we all get fired of course
Not CPCs, well maybe the shitty ones. But they should be gone anyway. How about some performance based raises? Or should I still get paid as much as a Charlotte controller working half the traffic we do.

Not CPCs, well maybe the shitty ones. But they should be gone anyway. How about some performance based raises? Or should I still get paid as much as a Charlotte controller working half the traffic we do.
Performance based raises would suck ass. I’ve seen so many kiss asses that run straight to managements offices when they arrive to work. Saw one get three cash/time off awards at the same time and nobody else got shit, but you better believe some were very deserving.
When you can only give 15% of the facility a raise (which is how it used to work I believe) it creates a lot of animosity, and rightfully so.

There is no way they would be distributed fairly, even if they had the ability to offer up to a 3% raise to everyone.

At least CLT would be a 12 stand-alone if the split, last I checked anyway. NCT is a 12 tracon where the biggest airport is a 10. And many people work level 8 traffic and get 12 pay (Reno Sector). Get over it and transfer to CLT if you don’t like working.

Or maybe the ones that make the most. Corporations have been forcing out high payed workers for low payed workers since the beginning of time

Performance based raises would suck ass. I’ve seen so many kiss asses that run straight to managements offices when they arrive to work. Saw one get three cash/time off awards at the same time and nobody else got shit, but you better believe some were very deserving.
When you can only give 15% of the facility a raise (which is how it used to work I believe) it creates a lot of animosity, and rightfully so.

There is no way they would be distributed fairly, even if they had the ability to offer up to a 3% raise to everyone.

At least CLT would be a 12 stand-alone if the split, last I checked anyway. NCT is a 12 tracon where the biggest airport is a 10. And many people work level 8 traffic and get 12 pay (Reno Sector). Get over it and transfer to CLT if you don’t like working.
The Reno area also includes SMF/Sacramento region which has shit loads of VFR and a couple air force bases nearby. Not saying it’s a 12 on it’s own but I’d guess it’s busier than an 8. Wish there was a way to lookup individual areas traffic.

The Reno area also includes SMF/Sacramento region which has shit loads of VFR and a couple air force bases nearby. Not saying it’s a 12 on it’s own but I’d guess it’s busier than an 8. Wish there was a way to lookup individual areas traffic.
It may be, but I have a hard time thinking it’s above a stand alone 9. Don’t tracons only get one one primary airport, and they rest of them count as less in the index? This would definitely hurt them.

It may be, but I have a hard time thinking it’s above a stand alone 9. Don’t tracons only get one one primary airport, and they rest of them count as less in the index? This would definitely hurt them.
I have no idea. Of all the mysteries of the FAA how they figure traffic counts is one of the biggest to me.

I'll echo the similar sentiment, I will fight against incompetent management/government every day and a desire to be move away from appropriations but the job security cannot be beaten. To know I still have a job at the end of the day and not be shit canned like my friends in NATS or our brothers and sisters in NAV Canada, I'll take whatever comes our way and it is worth fighting those battles day in and day out.

But but but but you’ll have a seat at the table. Well, no - not you. But Paul will and he doesn’t really care where your dues come from just as long as they come from somewhere - until they don’t and you’re just a very tragic byproduct.

Hell, come on out to ZLA Area F. Get signed off in a year and a half, make level 12 pay to work 3 sectors over the Grand Canyon and occasionally sequence for LAS and PHX, and enjoy having 12 more CPCs than the actual Level 12 areas. Absolute madness, the areas with all the traffic are bidding 25ish CPCs w Mandatory OT, No 4-10 Options, and 3rd Day Swing Lines on every crew, while the Dead ass areas on the East side of the center are closer to 40 CPCS with like 12 4-10 lines each.

So cool that they let trainees pick their area in the building so they all choose the Fat staffed areas for the easy sign off and way better working life.

Hell, come on out to ZLA Area F. Get signed off in a year and a half, make level 12 pay to work 3 sectors over the Grand Canyon and occasionally sequence for LAS and PHX, and enjoy having 12 more CPCs than the actual Level 12 areas. Absolute madness, the areas with all the traffic are bidding 25ish CPCs w Mandatory OT, No 4-10 Options, and 3rd Day Swing Lines on every crew, while the Dead ass areas on the East side of the center are closer to 40 CPCS with like 12 4-10 lines each.

So cool that they let trainees pick their area in the building so they all choose the Fat staffed areas for the easy sign off and way better working life.
They let them pick? We got to pick if there was like multiple people coming and openings in the area but they’d make sure it was even. And some people get forced with no pick.

Would have to be easy money if I was gonna choose to work in Palmdale.

Or maybe the ones that make the most. Corporations have been forcing out high payed workers for low payed workers since the beginning of time
Not in a safety oriented skilled field. Are they replacing the best doctors for cheaper newly graduated residents. Stfu

I love working and earning the money. So Na I’ll stay. And also NCT is a joke too.

You act like we let trainees pick whatever area they want. They pick areas fairly evenly based on what area will be able to train people. All those hard to staff areas are still getting new trainees. It’s like saying academy graduates get to pick whatever they want and that’s why ZNY is understaffed all the while ignoring the massive training backlog.

So should we force trainees to go to area B and A with a ridiculously long back log on training when they could actually train and certify in other areas?

The two areas on the east side of the center currently have less trainees then our understaffed areas. Since you brought up Area F specifically; area F currently has 6 trainees while Area B has 13. Area B is our least staffed area for everyone else. The other east side area that’s fully staffed has 3 trainees currently.

Im not gonna pretend I have the answer to our staffing problem but blaming our problems on trainees being able to have a slight say in their area has nothing to do with our staffing problems in the least bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom