Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who all at a Center has been back to recertify to prevent the 120 lapse rule? Wanting to see something.
I had to go in to do my security clearance paperwork a couple weeks ago and while I was there I asked about training and people coming back. I was told that the agency didn't want anyone coming back in, even for currency, until the training plan was being implemented.

So who all at a Center has been back to recertify to prevent the 120 lapse rule? Wanting to see something.
I went back to my center a couple weeks ago for 120 day currency but only because I asked my ATM in late September. I don’t think I would’ve been contacted to come in if I hadn’t requested it. I inquired if it was the same deal as July, where people were allowed to come in for currency and then be placed back on EA, and was told yes. But something seems to have changed since then based on what people are posting here.

I feel a bit guilty for hoping that's the case. More people in that situation is likely to get my girl recalled a little sooner. Right now it really feels like there's so few people in this boat that they just can't be bothered to figure it out.

I havent gotten my exact day yet, but Ive been told to expect a day to go in and recert soon.

CPC-IT who transferred March 29 here. Got caught in between facilities and have been on EA ever since. Was given a recall date next month after the new facility's plan was approved last week, but the county went orange on the map literally days later.

Does anyone know what the protocol is going to be regarding counties moving into and out of the approval zones? Are recall suspensions definite once the county goes orange/red or do we think there's likely some subjectivity there?

CPC-IT who transferred March 29 here. Got caught in between facilities and have been on EA ever since. Was given a recall date next month after the new facility's plan was approved last week, but the county went orange on the map literally days later.

Does anyone know what the protocol is going to be regarding counties moving into and out of the approval zones? Are recall suspensions definite once the county goes orange/red or do we think there's likely some subjectivity there?
Screenshot_20201019-203744_Brave.jpg

The way I read this is just that they have to "stop bringing people back" if they've already started. If you report and it goes back to orange, you've already been brought back. Seems like something they'll have to negotiate on a local level in the facility-specific recall plan.

View attachment 4984

The way I read this is just that they have to "stop bringing people back" if they've already started. If you report and it goes back to orange, you've already been brought back. Seems like something they'll have to negotiate on a local level in the facility-specific recall plan.
I cant believe the FAA let people move. Gave them a raise and then 7 months paid leave.

We have an academy grad that isn’t allowed in but her spouse got a job as a remote and he’s allowed in
How about CPC’s “ high risk “ collecting 12 pay no questions asked but the trainees have to do Zoom and get baby sat

Or the classic negotiated you need to take sick leave if you get Covid, not only if you get it but if you get a test done because you don’t feel good it comes back negative and they tell you it’s not good enough take sick leave on your admin days. But if you’re around someone who had it in your house hold or other you’re on admin leave.

The way the agency and the union have been dragging their feet in getting all trainees back to work has been insane. It took 6 months for them to develop any type of “plan” whatsoever, and now it’s clear a lot of facilities are going to move as slowly as possible in implementation. People who had just gotten to their facilities, and those who have been placed since the training hold began, almost certainly won’t be allowed to go back to work before the end of the year.

This is going to drag on forever. The only thing that might change it is if some trainee somewhere gets fed up enough to file a lawsuit to be allowed to go back to work. If that happens, everyone will be back at work the next week. But otherwise, some current trainees might be lucky to check out before the next Presidential election in 2024.

The way the agency and the union have been dragging their feet in getting all trainees back to work has been insane. It took 6 months for them to develop any type of “plan” whatsoever, and now it’s clear a lot of facilities are going to move as slowly as possible in implementation. People who had just gotten to their facilities, and those who have been placed since the training hold began, almost certainly won’t be allowed to go back to work before the end of the year.

This is going to drag on forever. The only thing that might change it is if some trainee somewhere gets fed up enough to file a lawsuit to be allowed to go back to work. If that happens, everyone will be back at work the next week. But otherwise, some current trainees might be lucky to check out before the next Presidential election.
Lol you think that suing the government will result in a quick resolution? I was in high school when the credit hours lawsuit was filed and it was finally resolved what? Last year?

It doesn’t cost the government hardly anything that they aren’t already paying to defend themselves in lawsuits so they have almost no incentive to settle unless they know for sure they’ll lose. And even then it’s no sure thing.

This is going to drag on forever. The only thing that might change it is if some trainee somewhere gets fed up enough to file a lawsuit to be allowed to go back to work. If that happens, everyone will be back at work the next week. But otherwise, some current trainees might be lucky to check out before the next Presidential election in 2024.
And the academy is starting to fire on all cylinders and they are just dumping trainees on all the facilities. This is going to take years to Un fuck

And the academy is starting to fire on all cylinders and they are just dumping trainees on all the facilities. This is going to take years to Un fuck
My facility is open for business! Send all your trainees!

Lol you think that suing the government will result in a quick resolution? I was in high school when the credit hours lawsuit was filed and it was finally resolved what? Last year?

It doesn’t cost the government hardly anything that they aren’t already paying to defend themselves in lawsuits so they have almost no incentive to settle unless they know for sure they’ll lose. And even then it’s no sure thing.
But you have to consider the political aspects to this particular situation as well. There’s obviously some people high up in the agency that aren’t happy about people being paid to “sit at home and do nothing.” Thus why the Zoom crap popped up out of nowhere. If it became clear how against sitting at home many of the trainees actually are, I’m sure there’s someone in Washington who would be more than happy to bring the hammer down and just send everybody back.

But you have to consider the political aspects to this particular situation as well. There’s obviously some people high up in the agency that aren’t happy about people being paid to “sit at home and do nothing.” Thus why the Zoom crap popped up out of nowhere. If it became clear how against sitting at home many of the trainees actually are, I’m sure there’s someone in Washington who would be more than happy to bring the hammer down and just send everybody back.
Yeah that makes sense but also we work for the government which isn’t very good at sense most of the time.

Yeah that makes sense but also we work for the government which isn’t very good at sense most of the time.
Lol quite true. My training manager sent out my facility’s training restart plan and trying to make sense of it almost gave me a seizure lol.

Reactions: CF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom