Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only whatever color the county is on Friday when they pull the map counts
I looked at the spreadsheet, and that appears to be the way they are making the determination. That seems like a poor way to handle it, especially when excel would let them automate looking at every day's 7-day average just as easy as looking at every Friday. The way they are doing it, you could have an orange facility that happens to fall yellow a total of 2 days or vise versa. If the reason they are using the Harvard tracking is to determine when the risks are low enough, simply relying on the 7-day average on Friday doesn't seem like the best way to handle it. The worst will be when a facility has to suspend returning trainees because it happens to turn orange two Fridays in a row.

Are facilities that are on 5-5 or 5-10 bringing trainees in for the lab on the reduced schedule, or are they bringing them back 5-2 and transferring to the reduced schedule when they finish the lab? It would seem like the reduced schedule throughout would be the lowest risk, so probably not the way they will handle it.

Are facilities that are on 5-5 or 5-10 bringing trainees in for the lab on the reduced schedule, or are they bringing them back 5-2 and transferring to the reduced schedule when they finish the lab? It would seem like the reduced schedule throughout would be the lowest risk, so probably not the way they will handle it.
I just finished 2 weeks in the lab, was 5-2 admin 8-4 each day M-F. Just got back on with my 5&5 crew and started training.

5-2 in the lab. Knocked out radar lab in 9 work days then back to 5-5

Reactions: ONE

My facility hasn't started any classroom or lab training - all the trainees are back, but only the guys who already had scopes and have been here the whole time are training. The lab is blocked off so that if someone pops positive, we can move in there on the mid instead of having to go ATC-0 while they clean. It's actually pretty smart, but it definitely sucks for the guys who need to go to the lab before they can restart OJTI because the word is that they won't reopen the lab until the covid threat is basically eliminated.

My facility hasn't started any classroom or lab training - all the trainees are back, but only the guys who already had scopes and have been here the whole time are training. The lab is blocked off so that if someone pops positive, we can move in there on the mid instead of having to go ATC-0 while they clean. It's actually pretty smart, but it definitely sucks for the guys who need to go to the lab before they can restart OJTI because the word is that they won't reopen the lab until the covid threat is basically eliminated.
So... why are trainees without scopes back?

Why wouldn’t they be able to use the lab during the day. That makes no sense

Why wouldn’t they be able to use the lab during the day. That makes no sense
They're keeping it sterile. There's caution tape and big warning signs on all the doors warning no one to enter. If you use it during the day, then it won't be clean when someone in the main control room tests positive.

They're keeping it sterile. There's caution tape and big warning signs on all the doors warning no one to enter. If you use it during the day, then it won't be clean when someone in the main control room tests positive.
So it’s like on its own air circulation from the rest of the building?

So it’s like on its own air circulation from the rest of the building?

Hey, it wasn't my decision. Personally I agree that they should reopen the labs - it seems crazy to make trainees wait possibly a year or more for the virus to be eradicated just to avoid maybe having to go ATC-0 for a few hours. But no one asked me, so... ?‍♂️

Hey, it wasn't my decision. Personally I agree that they should reopen the labs - it seems crazy to make trainees wait possibly a year or more for the virus to be eradicated just to avoid maybe having to go ATC-0 for a few hours. But no one asked me, so... ?‍♂️
It’s ridiculous we go atc 0, 5 days after someone positive was last in the building

You just need one brave trainee/martyr to break the lines, cut the tape and FREE THE LABS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom