Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, that's a fair point. MY point is that the FAA obviously put their foot down with this crap and said we aren't doing this anymore. Go to work or take a furlough. Real threat? Maybe. Had much teeth? Maybe not.

In general (not targeted at counterclockwise) I get it, everyone is scared. Nobody knows what's happening. Some are afraid of the rona, others are afraid of losing their jobs. Some don't know what to think. Some are lucky they're cashing out level 12 pay to sit at home on high risk or EA while waiting to train. But plugging your ears and acting like a 4 year old who can't hear their parents tell them to go into time out doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I’m not scared, I just want to train.

Just talking about the virus not traffic. It's officially out of control and only a vaccine will stop it at this point. So fuck it!
Covid isn’t going anywhere,,, no matter what we do.

And the vaccine literally got submitted today.
I hope the FAA locks some down.

Sure, that's a fair point. MY point is that the FAA obviously put their foot down with this crap and said we aren't doing this anymore. Go to work or take a furlough. Real threat? Maybe. Had much teeth? Maybe not.

In general (not targeted at counterclockwise) I get it, everyone is scared. Nobody knows what's happening. Some are afraid of the rona, others are afraid of losing their jobs. Some don't know what to think. Some are lucky they're cashing out level 12 pay to sit at home on high risk or EA while waiting to train. But plugging your ears and acting like a 4 year old who can't hear their parents tell them to go into time out doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I can't believe you came back just to scream the word furlough after we all laughed you off this forum and mocked you when it never materialized. You sound like a broken record and nobody is picking up what your putting down.

k just to scream the word furlough after we all laughed you off this forum and mocked you when it never materialized. You sound like a broken record and nobody is picking up what your putting down.
Lol, i'm not the only one screaming it. but keep living in your fantasy world....

legitimately, why do you think the almighty and powerful natca suddenly buckled to the faa?

Last edited:
I can't believe you came back just to scream the word furlough after we all laughed you off this forum and mocked you when it never materialized. You sound like a broken record and nobody is picking up what your putting down.
Dude why so hostile. Chill.

As clarification to the Recall of Employees on Excused Absence message distributed on November 19, 2020, the Parties at the national level have determined that employees possessing an A-side only or flight data (FD) only certification are not subject to recall at this time.

In accordance with Agency policy (7210.3 and 3120.4), A-side and FD positions are not subject to a loss of certification. As we are recalling employees to avoid a loss of certification, we will postpone the recall of this group of employees until such time as the facility meets the collaboratively developed gating criteria to resume OJT, or other requirements necessitate the recall.

In addition, employees that have previously lost certification will not be recalled until such time as the facility has met the collaboratively developed gating criteria to resume OJT, or other requirements necessitate the recall.

As clarification to the Recall of Employees on Excused Absence message distributed on November 19, 2020, the Parties at the national level have determined that employees possessing an A-side only or flight data (FD) only certification are not subject to recall at this time.

In accordance with Agency policy (7210.3 and 3120.4), A-side and FD positions are not subject to a loss of certification. As we are recalling employees to avoid a loss of certification, we will postpone the recall of this group of employees until such time as the facility meets the collaboratively developed gating criteria to resume OJT, or other requirements necessitate the recall.

In addition, employees that have previously lost certification will not be recalled until such time as the facility has met the collaboratively developed gating criteria to resume OJT, or other requirements necessitate the recall.
Lmao. Who does this even effect then?

Clearance delivery certified controllers. And maybe some ground certified controllers at super slow towers who were deemed non-essential. Not sure if the latter is a real group though
We have two of these. GC/CD certified but where sent home.

Clarification from my facrep: A-side and below are NOT included in the recall referenced in yesterday’s email, they will continue on EA until the COVID gating criteria is met, or until the agency orders them back as well, whichever comes first. According to the rep, RIFs did not trigger this “to his knowledge” but also said he has no idea what the actual reason was.

Trainees who are recalled (1 D side cert or more) will be brought back on an admin schedule and will be assigned self study UFA. They are not allowed to train in any capacity until the COVID gating criteria is met.

What a shit show.

Clarification from my facrep: A-side and below are NOT included in the recall referenced in yesterday’s email, they will continue on EA until the COVID gating criteria is met, or until the agency orders them back as well, whichever comes first. According to the rep, RIFs did not trigger this “to his knowledge” but also said he has no idea what the actual reason was.
lmao, so making up bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom