Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah with any specifics or an explanation why they are still hiring?
The talks of RIF are in reference to how we have people sitting at home not doing anything and getting paid, and the ones saying this are doing the exact same thing. The FAA management in this whole ordeal is a shit show. Sure let’s furlough the people that actually work, not all the waste between Chao Chao and myself. They’re still hiring because these are just talks. Record low CPC number in the FAA

The talks of RIF are in reference to how we have people sitting at home not doing anything and getting paid, and the ones saying this are doing the exact same thing. The FAA management in this whole ordeal is a shit show. Sure let’s furlough the people that actually work, not all the waste between Chao Chao and myself. They’re still hiring because these are just talks. Record low CPC number in the FAA
Well they should have restarted training months ago nationwide. Yet here we are

I agree. Months ago we had much fewer cases. Now we are breaking records daily and the next two weeks are going to be great. My bet we hit 250k cases in the US by 12/1

My favorite thing is when someone pops positive for covid at your facility all the people that have been in contact with them get 14 day quarantine for free and are not required to get tested. If they do get tested and get a negative result they have to come back to work. fucking scam.

My favorite thing is when someone pops positive for covid at your facility all the people that have been in contact with them get 14 day quarantine for free and are not required to get tested. If they do get tested and get a negative result they have to come back to work. fucking scam.
It’s 10 days with a negative test. I’ve done it 3 times d siding for dirty CPCs. Also if you don’t want the free leave you can just decline to answer the contact tracing questions

It’s 10 days with a negative test. I’ve done it 3 times d siding for dirty CPCs. Also if you don’t want the free leave you can just decline to answer the contact tracing questions
we had someone have that had to quarantine and was back within 5 days (negative test). 14 days is including RDOs im guessing.

we had someone have that had to quarantine and was back within 5 days (negative test). 14 days is including RDOs im guessing.
Maybe it depends on the FS. Mine wouldn’t let me back for 10 days. Unless they changed the guidelines

I agree. Months ago we had much fewer cases. Now we are breaking records daily and the next two weeks are going to be great. My bet we hit 250k cases in the US by 12/1
CDC is projecting a possible 300K+ cases per day in mid-December. Gonna get a lot worse before it gets better

So they dont require controllers to get tested if they were in close proximity to someone who tested positive? It’s just a 14 day quarantine with no symptoms unless they want to get a test?

You guys keep bringing up how the academy still being open is proof the FAA isn't thinking about RIF... I'm not sure you haven't realized how much the fed doesn't care and would shit can those people in a heart beat.

You guys keep bringing up how the academy still being open is proof the FAA isn't thinking about RIF... I'm not sure you haven't realized how much the fed doesn't care and would shit can those people in a heart beat.
Explain this then?

Attachments

• 0E12BA14-5D2E-4496-967F-52F7427459E5.jpeg
    0E12BA14-5D2E-4496-967F-52F7427459E5.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 127
And why would a federal agency fire employees?

National natca telecon. Started with the phrase, “this is not fear mongering, but the agency has been in talks about RIF.
So RIFs are being talked about now? I thought just 3 or 4 days ago NATCA sent out an email saying they havent been mentioned?

Explain this then?

And why would a federal agency fire employees?

Someone keeps utilizing the academy currently running as an example for why the FAA wouldn't consider a RIF, as if that even makes sense.

The overwhelming majority of people at the academy and recently passing through and/or getting ready to go can be fired for no reason whatsoever.

I'm fairly sure the gov is cool with shit canning what they perceive to be excess personnel within their probationary period.

So RIFs are being talked about now? I thought just 3 or 4 days ago NATCA sent out an email saying they havent been mentioned?
They sent that in an email to inform the workforce of what’s happening. The FAA level of stupidity is growing. Controllers are the reason the higher ups have jobs. And they continue to create jobs for their buddies. Deputy to the deputy director of deputy’s. Assistant to the regional manager stuff

So they dont require controllers to get tested if they were in close proximity to someone who tested positive? It’s just a 14 day quarantine with no symptoms unless they want to get a test?
No. This is what I was annoyed with the other day. People keep saying bring people back...now they are. Yet the FS is having people quarantine for 2 weeks regardless of symptoms or negative test. You’re not required to take a test and honestly it’s getting harder and harder to get tested and get results back within 5 days of finding out anyway. That probably depends on the area though. Don’t get me wrong I understand the concern, but we can’t keep sending a third of a facility home because someone Tests positive and may have been close to them. I don’t know I guess there’s no good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom