Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who make claims without backing them up should be asked for their sources! That's how educated and informed discussion occurs. Reacting with hostility is not conducive to discussion.

You know what I realized? People get away with the most egregious shit on this board. Some users make the topics the most ridiculous, partisan bullshit circle-jerking I have ever seen because the admins won't do anything and they suffer no consequences, not even a mute.

Guess what? I decided to do something and ask these people for their sources, to explain their views. They decide to make it about age/experience and say "You’re not even in the FAA correct " and think that just being in the FAA makes them the ultimate god in deciding that ONE PARTY GOOD EVERYONE ELSE BAD. I'm going to call these people out on their bullshit because admins won't.

This whole site is basically ran by one guy and what like one or two moderators? You haven't been around long enough but there's been a lot of back and forth about them being TOO heavy-handed with deleting posts in the past. The bulk of the active users would prefer to hash out our battles without them interfering.

Not sure what consequences you want, but it's not a very big user base. If you mute like five people here, the site is dead. As much as PushingTin and I have disagreed, one thing I'm sure he agrees with is that both of us should exist and be open here and that less moderating is better.

This whole site is basically ran by one guy and what like one or two moderators? You haven't been around long enough but there's been a lot of back and forth about them being TOO heavy-handed with deleting posts in the past. The bulk of the active users would prefer to hash out our battles without them interfering.

Not sure what consequences you want, but it's not a very big user base. If you mute like five people here, the site is dead. As much as PushingTin and I have disagreed, one thing I'm sure he agrees with is that both of us should exist and be open here and that less moderating is better.
I've noticed that-

Like I said, if moderators won't do anything, then I will. I'll ask them for sources if the claims seem untrue. I'll ask them to explain.

I've noticed that-

Like I said, if moderators won't do anything, then I will. I'll ask them for sources if the claims seem untrue. I'll ask them to explain.

As with the other thread I engaged you on a couple weeks ago, I think your posts have some measure of validity. It's the same thing as before though... I know the word attitude got you all upset so I won't say it again. There's a holier-than-thou, know-it-all type air about your posts that (speaking only for myself) is just insufferable.

I know, I know. First, rich coming from a controller. Second, extra rich coming from me specifically. That being said, we don't mind it as much from a CPC because they actually know what things are like in the agency, the union, and a facility. Reading shit like "if they don't do something about it then I will" (from a brand new trainee that thinks he's going to blow through training because it looks easy when you monitor) makes me want to wash you out in the labs.

As with the other thread I engaged you on a couple weeks ago, I think your posts have some measure of validity. It's the same thing as before though... I know the word attitude got you all upset so I won't say it again. There's a holier-than-thou, know-it-all type air about your posts that (speaking only for myself) is just insufferable.

I know, I know. First, rich coming from a controller. Second, extra rich coming from me specifically. That being said, we don't mind it as much from a CPC because they actually know what things are like in the agency, the union, and a facility. Reading shit like "if they don't do something about it then I will" (from a brand new trainee that thinks he's going to blow through training because it looks easy when you monitor) makes me want to wash you out in the labs.

I post this way because I know people will respond- I can literally change my attitude if I want. I choose not to because "teh trollz" aren't pulling punches, so why should I?

"Reading shit like "if they don't do something about it then I will" (from a brand new trainee that thinks he's going to blow through training because it looks easy when you monitor) makes me want to wash you out in the labs."
That's fair. My work attitude is different from the attitude I portray online. Do you behave the same way with your family the same way you behave at work? I assume it's very different.

The way I write is done so:
A- People will respond to my questions
B- There is no "second-guessing" what I say. It is blunt because I write it bluntly.

I have nothing for respect for the CPCs I know in real life. They work hard hours, deal with political bullshit and essentially sell their health.
The ones on here that make everything partisan or say "Yeah for someone who’s a new hire . And has a lot to say. You didn’t say anything actually smart. Really like a little kid saying stupid comments back when they’re wrong. Pathetic"? None. I'm not going to let someone think they successfully discussed a topic with someone because they wrote this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I post this way because I know people will respond- I can literally change my attitude if I want- I choose not to because "teh trollz" aren't pulling punches, so why should I?

"Reading shit like "if they don't do something about it then I will" (from a brand new trainee that thinks he's going to blow through training because it looks easy when you monitor) makes me want to wash you out in the labs."
That's fair. My work attitude is different from the attitude I portray online. Do you behave the same way with your family the same way you behave at work? I assume it's very different.

The way I write is so:
A- People will respond to my questions
B- There is no "second-guessing" what I say. It is blunt because I write it bluntly.

I have nothing for respect for the CPCs I know in real life. They work hard hours, deal with political bullshit and essentially sell their health.
The ones on here that make everything partisan or make outrageous, stupid comments? None.

Fair enough

Somebody call the White House! Call the Navy! Call someone who can take advantage of the greatest minds of our generation that have spread their seeds of wisdom through this thread!

As much as PushingTin and I have disagreed, one thing I'm sure he agrees with is that both of us should exist and be open here and that less moderating is better.

Agree. Sometimes you have to mute ppl tho or the site becomes unbearable. I have muted Boots and Dankvectorz , and it's definitely nice now to not have to read the customary cliche attacks on literally every single thing I post. Best thing I've ever done here. I asked MJ to delete me one time too, but he didnt lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree. Sometimes you have to mute ppl tho or the site becomes unbearable. I have muted Boots and Dankvectorz , and it's definitely nice now to not have to read the customary cliche attacks on literally everything single thing I post. Best thing I've ever done here. I asked MJ to delete me one time too, but he didnt lol
Don't think I've said anything about you spamming the forums non stop in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom