Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think a lot of us should expect extra lab problems to get certified since traffic is going to be way down when we get back.

Yeah that's certainly true about traffic being way down. Hopefully it doesn't take years to recover. Lab problems or not I'll be happy to go back to work.

I am one scope away from being fully certified. I am not waiting until January 2021 or later for "traffic to get back to normal".
Well......I will if they say I will, but I'll complain my heart out. I can't really believe they will not let us check out until back to "normal", who even knows when "normal" will really return?

Not sure I'd this helps anyone, but I was in the last class to graduate from the academy. Training manager told me a few days ago to expect may 1st as my report date, but then I also have to self quarantine for 2 weeks so basically may 15th.

Hope that's not your real name bro, if so I'd ask a mod to change it

Hope that's not your real name bro, if so I'd ask a mod to change it
Who cares he didn’t say anything bad

I am one scope away from being fully certified. I am not waiting until January 2021 or later for "traffic to get back to normal".
Well......I will if they say I will, but I'll complain my heart out. I can't really believe they will not let us check out until back to "normal", who even knows when "normal" will really return?
I don’t see how they are gonna be able to say that. That’s why I think we can expect mandatory skill
Enhancement problems.

Doesn't need to say anything bad, the rumor mill can do it for him if he is in the same thread as PushingTin

IDK why im here but...

giphy.gif

Don’t tag him ?‍♂️

hi

giphy.gif

Anyone know if they are processing GI bill payments for on job training still? My ATM told me they weren’t processing even though the payment would be for February and March. Which was before they stopped the OJT. Thanks

Anyone know if they are processing GI bill payments for on job training still? My ATM told me they weren’t processing even though the payment would be for February and March. Which was before they stopped the OJT. Thanks
COVID-19: OJT/APP SCO FAQs
Q1) What happens when an OJT or Apprenticeship establishment temporarily ceases trainee program training due to COVID-19 and the facility completely closes all operations?
When this occurs, the OJT or Apprenticeship should submit actual training hours for March (and February if not already submitted).

• SCO must select “No” in the “Trainee Enrolled in and Pursuing Approved Program for Month Shown.
  • SCO must terminate enrollment in VA-ONCE using the Date Terminated data field. If unable to use VA ONCE, SCO must enter the date into block 4 on VA Form 22-6553d-1. The date must be the last day of training completed.
  • SCO must select “Other” for reason terminated and enter “FACILITY Temporarily Ceased Ops-COVID” in the Remarks text field in VA ONCE.
  • If using the paper form SCO should state in box 7 of the VA Form 22-6553d-1 form using a PDF attachment (VA Form 22-6553d-1 or agency letterhead) through our “Ask A Question” portal; (Note: The VA is only accepting documents via electronic means. Facsimile, mailed documents, will not be accepted for processing at this time.)
  • Note: Hours cannot be reported unless they are actual training hours, hours reported must be hours pursued for the approved training plan.
If the OJT or Apprenticeship facility has temporarily ceased all operations due to COVID 19, affected trainee will continue to receive their MHA until the sooner of the end of the program or 4 weeks (28 days) from the date that the facility temporarily ceased operations.

Note: The VA is only accepting documents via electronic means. Facsimile and mailed documents will not be processed during this national emergency.

Q2) What happens when an OJT or Apprenticeship establishment temporarily ceases trainee program (examples: Veteran may still be working but not training: Employer is open, lay-off or furlough of the trainee, etc.) due to COVID-19 but the facility is continuing operations?
When this occurs, the OJT or Apprenticeship should submit actual training hours for March (and February if not already submitted).

• SCO must select “No” in the “Trainee Enrolled in and Pursuing Approved Program for Month Shown.
  • SCO must terminate enrollment in VA-ONCE using the Date Terminated data field. If unable to use VA ONCE, SCO must enter the date into block 4 on VA Form 22-6553d-1. The date must be the last day of training completed.
  • SCO must select “Other” for reason terminated and enter “INDIVIDUAL Temporarily Stopped Training COVID” in box 7 of the 6553d1 form or the Remarks text field in VA-ONCE.
  • If using the paper form SCO should state in box 7 of the VA Form 22-6553d-1 form using a PDF attachment (VA Form 22-6553d-1 or agency letterhead) through our “Ask A Question” portal (Note: The VA is only accepting documents via electronic means. Facsimile, mailed documents, will not be accepted for processing at this time.)
  • Note: Hours cannot be reported unless they are actual training hours, hours reported must be hours pursued for the approved training plan.
In these situations, the law does NOT allow VA to continue payments beyond the last day of training attendance.

Note: The VA is only accepting documents via electronic means. Facsimile and mailed documents will not be processed during this national emergency.

Q3) Under the new law, what happens when an OJT or Apprenticeship establishment can convert trainee programs from resident to online modality due to COVID-19?
The law allows payment for trainees that had a modality converted to online if the facility site can convert from on-site and is able to continue the trainee in their approved training program with hours counted toward journeyman status.

• SCO can provide monthly training hours to the via VA-ONCE or using a PDF attachment (VA Form 22-6553d-1 or agency letterhead) through our “Ask A Question” portal.

Reactions: TW

The email we got from our NATCA rep said that March would be processed for training up until the training was stopped. Nothing was mentioned about the VA not processing anything. I'm under the impression I'll still be getting a check. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Trumps for sure setting up to reopen on may 1. Elaine “Moscow Mitch” chow is not gonna go against him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom